Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2015, 04:53 PM
Banned

Default anyone done shaman epic start to finish since latest patch?

Just wondering if anyone has done the shaman epic start to finish in latest patch, I started up a shaman on red and I noticed some things were acting wrong. One was peg leg which I read in the bug forums obviously isn't just me(spirit doesn't spawn when you kill peg leg). But anyway, I did the epic about a year ago and it was no problem. I can't seem to find the notes about any shaman changes regarding faction grind or anything like that.

Basically here is what I am stuck with:

Killed rathe mnt mob for tiny gem(turned it into NFP to get opaque gem to start erud crossing)

Did test of patience in erud crossing, went to WK turned gem in(amiably) + woe/envy/marr still amiably as expected.

Went to Spirit in EJ was able to now get the journal to combine 6 pages in(would not speak at indiff to me anymore) combined pages, turned the finished book into him and it was eaten, no faction gained.

I know I skipped black dire for the boots, as it was simply easier to go straight to ej and turn the book in because I didn't have the people able to kill black dire. But it makes me question had I actually got black dires pelt would the spirit in EJ just have eaten that on turn in also like my books? Is amiably all you need to do the sow boot quest? Does it somehow give you a ton of faction that BUMPS you out of amiably and allows for the books from CoM to be turned in?

Last time I basically did all of this, but I was able to turn the combined book in at amiably for faction. Someone told me one of the patches nerfed this to stop people from 'faction grinding' this way because it was too easy to get faction once amiable to max ally?

Any help is appreciated, I know there is the wiki and tons of other guides but nothing so recent to whenever this patch happened that changed something. Mostly I am curious about how I am going to get my faction now other then doing sets of woe/envy/marr turn ins(sounds annoying but I have like 9 sets ready on mules, just have to bind/gate get ported or something for turn ins). Also I do not want black dires pelt to be eaten if this is bugged.
Old 06-19-2015, 05:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know I skipped black dire for the boots, as it was simply easier to go straight to ej and turn the book in because I didn't have the people able to kill black dire. But it makes me question had I actually got black dires pelt would the spirit in EJ just have eaten that on turn in also like my books? Is amiably all you need to do the sow boot quest? Does it somehow give you a ton of faction that BUMPS you out of amiably and allows for the books from CoM to be turned in?
In short, yes. You need a certain level of faction to complete the EJ steps. One way to get that level of faction is to do the quest properly (including the Black Dire part). The other is to repeat earlier parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mostly I am curious about how I am going to get my faction now other then doing sets of woe/envy/marr turn ins(sounds annoying but I have like 9 sets ready on mules, just have to bind/gate get ported or something for turn ins).
Personally I repeated the woe/envy/marr step a bunch, but most people repeat the first step. This basically involves:
  1. bind in Freeport near Bondl
  2. go kill pegleg or another quest starter
  3. get a gem
  4. die next to the quest starter
  5. give gem to Bondl
  6. get rezzed
  7. repeat steps 2-6
If you have a druid friend you can do the same thing, by having them bind near Bondl and then port you to BB instead of rezzing. However, rezzing takes you right to the mob, so most people use clerics.

However, I'd recommend that you just kill Black Dire. Just ask random people who are sitting in EC, WC, city zones, and other "not busy" zones. You can use the "/who ecommons all" style of /who to find them, and then just /tell them asking for help. This server is full of nice people, so you will likely find a group willing to help you pretty fast. If you have some plat you can offer rewards to speed things up (I gave like 200p to some, and others just helped out to be nice). If you stick to 60's you only need a few people (a tank, a cleric, and a DPS or two should be plenty).

I did Black Dire on a random weekday morning and still found a group fairly fast. Trust me, even without the faction hits, just getting instant-click SoW booties alone will make the whole thing worth it.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-20-2015, 02:52 PM
Banned

Thanks will give black dire a shot, I am on red so can't easily find people in ecommons but I know a epic mage pet can basically solo it so should be NP for that. I just wanted to make sure nothing was wrong. I have a bunch of woe envy marr sets and not totally interested in getting the epic just yet but the sow boots so i never have to mem it again will be nice for sure.

I did every part of the shaman epic quest from start to black dire pelt, including now 3 woe envy marr turn ins(bored, bound in CT so rathe isn't a far run) I just didn't want my pelt being ate if i did turn it in, but by reading this i feel more comfortable about the faction. I did think of going the route of rezzing with the tiny gem, but since I have the turn in drops setup on ~9 characters already I will prob just mule them around and bind out there get ported and repeat pickup/turn in.
Closed Thread