Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 08:22 AM
Kobold

Glad I found this thread. I had noticed this on my baby druid that when fighting and having to run from a bad fight. I could barely outrun stuff with sow. Sometimes I couldn't outrun them at all and died. This was before I was so low on hp I slowed down or was encumbered.

Crap was simply faster than I was with sow on.
Old 06-16-2015, 08:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoogoplop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you don't send random hate tells to a bard who probably doesn't see you saying they're ruining your experience, most of them aren't ass hats. I've had more assholes send me tells on my bard that I didn't see or wrong in anyway, than seen asshole bards when on other characters. By far~

When you randomly accuse someone of shitting on your day when they didn't know you existed prior to the tell, chances are the interaction will be less pleasant than it could have been if you started the conversation in a neutral or kind manner. People paint bards as assholes for kiting, but chances are most will either leave you mobs, or just concede the area so they don't interrupt the play of a group if you just politely talk to them.
Well, yeah, that's obvious. People don't like getting yelled at and called names right off the bat. The public conversation, though, did start out with "Hey bard stop stealing my stuff, damn bard" and would have dissolved into the usual hatefest if the bard hadn't kept their temper and been very accommodating. Same goes for high levels camping something that requires mass destruction of mobs in a zone. I've had several instances where high levels spot me pulling in an area where they're killing everything and specifically ask me (without prompting) what I was xping off of so they could leave some of those up for me.

Anyway, just wanted to note in this thread that I was not seeing a difference in mob run speeds in LOIO.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 06-16-2015, 09:55 AM
Large Rat

I was being outrun by skeletons in LOIO while strafe running and had selos with mm drum at level 18
Old 06-16-2015, 10:01 AM
Aviak

seems like most of the run speed issues have been resolved. This morning after the restart I am able to outrun some mobs with strafe. They do still seem a little faster than a week ago, but I'm sure people wont have problems running back to camps with mobs hitting them in the back.
Old 06-16-2015, 10:03 AM
Kobold

I might have missed a reply from the staff but have any of them said anything about this other than saying it was being looked at yet?
Old 06-16-2015, 10:26 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adcid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
seems like most of the run speed issues have been resolved. This morning after the restart I am able to outrun some mobs with strafe. They do still seem a little faster than a week ago, but I'm sure people wont have problems running back to camps with mobs hitting them in the back.

what zone did you do this in? been testing it every day with the exact same results. even with celo's on and NO drum i still get hit while strafe running.
Old 06-16-2015, 10:34 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ran around in LOIO today and did not notice any change in mob run speed. Outran all mobs with SoW, even if they weren't snared.

There was also a very polite bard doing some kiting in the zone, along with civil conversation about and with said bard, so I may have just been in Bizarro EQ land for the day.
That was me. I'm a bit of an odd duck when it comes to swarm kiting. If you follow the guides you are supposed to drain every monster you can for efficiency sakes. For me, I like to stay around 20-30 mobs. It's perhaps not as efficient but I enjoy it and it leaves a healthy supply of mobs still around the area of other people pulling. I also am not super skilled, so when I mess up, the likely hood of surviving 20 mobs is quite different than 60.

I also try to OOC when I am swarm kiting in a zone so if people have an issue they can just tell me and we can talk it out.

What I've noticed is that if you are running with SoW you might not notice it when you run by a mob but if you get in melee range and then try to flee, the monster hits you WAY more than it did before. It's like the mobs top speed might not be that much different but their acceleration speeds is much higher.
Old 06-16-2015, 10:37 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by everqchris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was being outrun by skeletons in LOIO while strafe running and had selos with mm drum at level 18
So here is the rub, Selo's gets faster with every level. I have a hard time believing with a drum you were being caught but it may be possible. Yesterday (Level 29) I was swarm kiting 20 skelies in LoIO with Selos and a horn and was never caught as long as I strafe ran. If I stoped strafing and ran forward they could wack me.

So somewhere maybe in the 34-36 selo's with no drum and strafe running becomes faster than the mobs?
Old 06-16-2015, 10:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahlid74 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That was me. I'm a bit of an odd duck when it comes to swarm kiting. If you follow the guides you are supposed to drain every monster you can for efficiency sakes. For me, I like to stay around 20-30 mobs. It's perhaps not as efficient but I enjoy it and it leaves a healthy supply of mobs still around the area of other people pulling. I also am not super skilled, so when I mess up, the likely hood of surviving 20 mobs is quite different than 60.

I also try to OOC when I am swarm kiting in a zone so if people have an issue they can just tell me and we can talk it out.

What I've noticed is that if you are running with SoW you might not notice it when you run by a mob but if you get in melee range and then try to flee, the monster hits you WAY more than it did before. It's like the mobs top speed might not be that much different but their acceleration speeds is much higher.
Well, hey there! I like you.

I don't let myself get into melee range most of the time, so maybe that's it. I was definitely outrunning them (constantly getting out of casting range) otherwise.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 06-16-2015, 11:06 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adcid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't tease me. Is this true? Will there be exp after work instead of hours LFG followed by crying in the dark?!