Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2015, 10:06 PM
Planar Protector

No one is required to let you in their group.

He probably though you were lame when you guys grouped the day before and he didn't want to call you out.

That's the main reason I wouldn't invite someone to fill an empty group slot.
Old 06-11-2015, 11:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waedawen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This shit right here can't be repeated enough. You can't have 4 fucking melees and a cleric in your group and then deny a mage from joining and then try to explain it away as if you were correct.

You're an idiot if you run your group like that. Plain as day. And you can even venture to say that you're an idiot if you SEEK to join that group, but clearly OP was just trying to do hoodrat stuff with some buddies, and I can absolutely respect that.

Too bad hat's a complete no-no on p99. Absolutely no fun allowed.
Four melee and a cleric at level 20 or whatever op was would be a sweet group. Four melee would kill things so quickly that there would be no need for nukes.
Old 06-12-2015, 12:14 AM
Aviak

The funniest part, it's those same idiots who complain out luclin and pop taking out "social interaction" Fucking geeks.
Old 06-12-2015, 03:23 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkemi5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Four melee and a cleric at level 20 or whatever op was would be a sweet group. Four melee would kill things so quickly that there would be no need for nukes.
Those were always my favorite groups in the 20s. And it's doubly true here on p99 where most of the people you come across are twinked to all hell... unless you're an enchanter and bringing hastes and a charmed pet there isn't much a caster is going to add to a group like that.
Old 06-12-2015, 03:54 AM
Banned

As a wizard I can confirm this. I was mostly useless through those levels compared to even non-twinked melee. Mana is just too scarce.
Old 06-12-2015, 06:24 AM
Planar Protector

I heard, apparently, my mate dave in the pub says, if you run gamparse at late 40s/early 50s there is a good chance a 49 necro pet will out melee dps rogue epic twinks.

Need more data for verification!
Old 06-12-2015, 08:31 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
BTW... An example of doucheness. I'm sitting at the gnoll camp in High Pass... I've cleared the camp, sitting down at the bottom of the ramp waiting for mana to come back so I can clear Grenix, go afk for a sec for coffee, someone comes in and takes him. Not naming names, but that's what I'm talking about. She said she didn't know I was camping him. I'm sitting 40 feet from him, how could you not know? There was no other boss nearby that dropped anything. So again this is the justification people use so they can behave like sociopaths and do do what they want.

Interesting that you forget to mention that the person then handed you the PGT he dropped and apologized explaining that she was working on faction, then listened to you bitch in /ooc cause she was clearing a few gnolls to get a few scalps. that person also helped you later on when you over pulled and asked for help.

If that makes me a douche... so be it
Old 06-12-2015, 11:11 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkemi5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
exactly.
Old 06-12-2015, 11:13 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kierra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Interesting that you forget to mention that the person then handed you the PGT he dropped and apologized explaining that she was working on faction, then listened to you bitch in /ooc cause she was clearing a few gnolls to get a few scalps. that person also helped you later on when you over pulled and asked for help.

If that makes me a douche... so be it
so i nailed it and OP is a complete twatwaffle
Old 06-12-2015, 11:35 AM
Fire Giant

So this whole four melee and a cleric group.....in Mistmoore.

There are nowhere near enough mobs for this group in Mistmoore. Not only that, there is a horrible XP split.

So you dont have enough mobs and the group is in mulch mode with four facerolling melees. The XP is split 5 ways instead of 2 or 3. The main concern of this group is "no casters" not "there's not enough mobs, we're facerolling, and we're not getting any XP"

Everyone in this thread now chiming in "how awesome this group is."

At this point, there are two types of EQ players - those who "get" this nubbery and those who "don't get" it.

OP is not a "twatwaffle" he has every right to be baffled by this. At the same time, OP should have instantly identified this as an example of hardcore nubs in Mistmoore and shouldn't have even bothered with them.
Closed Thread