Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2015, 12:57 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Tried it and it works well.

I started doing this and it's pretty straight forward (non-selos). The key for me was two pulls of only 1 mob to start. I learned that it's not perfect circles but instead elongated circles. My natural reaction was when I saw the mobs in the bottom right/left of my screen to move my mouse and circle more which that got me hit a bunch and is the opposite of what you are supposed to do. Once I realized that if the mobs got too close I simple stop turning with the mouse and the strafing pulled me out of range it was gravy. I'm still in the 10-20 mob range as I get too impatient to spend 10 minutes rounding up mobs but it's working very nicely so far.
Old 06-11-2015, 10:17 PM
Sarnak

well it was fun, but the traditional bard kiting method has now been hotfixed. No more no selo kiting, strictly with 54 snare now or you need to twist speed in.
Old 06-11-2015, 10:36 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

So they uped the monster speed now? That's a pretty crappy way to try and combat this. What was the purpose? Were they seeing a rise of Bard kiting? Was the economy getting destroyed? This has been here since P99 has been up in what 09 and they now remove it? I'm not quite sure I understand the reasoning. So any new bards get screwed over but past bards are fine?

Additionally upping the monster speed had adverse consequences for everyone else now too. From dungeon pulling to running out in the world.

As someone who was having fun doing this in-between finding groups in dungeons it's very disheartening this was done in a vacuum with no communication.
Old 06-11-2015, 10:43 PM
Aviak

When did this happen was working normally earlier today around 1pm pst.
Old 06-11-2015, 10:46 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When did this happen was working normally earlier today around 1pm pst.
If you look in the main server chat, servers went down ~8 pm CST for a while. So it sounds like the change was made tonight.
Old 06-11-2015, 10:52 PM
Aviak

Was looking at some other threads and it seems its global not just bard zones. Would be nice to know if this was an intended fix or bug. This will kind of suck for anyone trying to outrun mobs in general as unless your running at sow or selo speed your screwed.
Old 06-11-2015, 10:59 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was looking at some other threads and it seems its global not just bard zones. Would be nice to know if this was an intended fix or bug. This will kind of suck for anyone trying to outrun mobs in general as unless your running at sow or selo speed your screwed.
Additionally, why wasn't it said to be an exploit. If it was to be patched it should have been viewed as an exploit from the start.

This change is a bad move for lower levels who aren't a bard/druid/shaman. Makes life VERY tough. A better fix would have been reducing the range of the lvl 18 AOE. Reducing it to the level 2 song would make bard kiting much more skill based and would limit it's over-use.

Super dissappointed this seems to have been done in a vacuum without any forewarning/communication.
Old 06-11-2015, 11:03 PM
Aviak

The best thing is it's NOT classic. The classic argument is always used when ppl offer fixes for things etc which could be made better or for the playerbase at large. So how does this fit into their "classic" argument.
Old 06-11-2015, 11:37 PM
Planar Protector

posted same thing in bug thread, and serious question.

were we able to outrun mobs only using strafe/run on live or has that always been an issue with this server.

either way this is probably a bug in the fix they tried to do, wait it out!
Old 06-11-2015, 11:44 PM
Planar Protector

today's patch notes

Haynar: Fixed a bug in mob movement, that could make it be jumpy sometimes. It would almost stutter as they moved.

maybe the culprit?