Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 01:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A post in which you are more interested in shrieking about your honor being besmirched than righting a wrong committed by your guildmate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is just a red herring though; it doesn't invalidate any of the things I said about pettiness and painting whole guilds with one brush just because one member happened to do something shitty.

And for the record, when someone engages in an idiotic campaign to slander an entire guild because they've been wronged by one person, I am going to do absolutely nothing at all to help them see justice. And shame on you for suggesting I shouldn't.
I really shouldn't need to point this out, but I am not at all off-base in saying that that was sheer pettiness. And I'm saying this not just in my own self-interest or my own self-defense, but in everyone else's as well. No one should put up with this kind of nonsense, and that should be painfully obvious. I didn't think I'd need to say it a fourth time, but there it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX0621 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At that particular instance, the guy was decked out in probably 20k worth of gear in his mid 20's and logged on a 60 enchanter, which he'd told the group was his prior to my arrival. He was "still learning" despite being heavily twinked early on (not too uncommon, I'll admit), but apparently "still learning" into his 50's? I'm just not buying it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX0621 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Since I can't edit for some reason, I'll add as an addendum to my post above, the guy was still pulling the same crap I talked about in his 20's, 40's, and 50's, all of which I witnessed first hand with different alts. I also heard 2nd hand he pulled the same stuff in groups I was not a part of, as mentioned earlier.
These are all fair points. I guess I'm just not as convinced as you are about his guiltiness, and I've had much different interactions and experiences with him than you have. I'm not one to give preference to guildmates either; anyone who knows me can attest to that. I'm not just arguing the other side because he is, as of now, a member of Azure Guard. I'm arguing the other side because I think it is strangely possible he might've just screwed up in the derpiest of ways possible and lost a bag of super expensive items.

So I guess my stance is more of an innocent-until-proven-guilty kind of stance. Each day that goes by while he remains silent makes it seem that much more suspicious, and makes him seem that much more guilty.

I say we bring him to the Hall of Truth and form a high council. I'll be the defense attorney, Bhear can be the prosecutor, Eunomia will be the judge and the jury. If he's found guilty, he shall be forthwith banished from Azure Guard, and Nemce will be forced to pay the plaintiff with his fungi tunic.

Afterward, we'll make sure he receives an official apology from Shadowshrek for his crimes: "Shrek do bad thing. Shrek sorry."
Old 06-05-2015, 01:49 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I say we bring him to the Hall of Truth and form a high council. I'll be the defense attorney, Bhear can be the prosecutor, Eunomia will be the judge and the jury. If he's found guilty, he shall be forthwith banished from Azure Guard, and Nemce will be forced to pay the plaintiff with his fungi tunic.

Afterward, we'll make sure he receives an official apology from Shadowshrek for his crimes: "Shrek do bad thing. Shrek sorry."
Best idea I've heard all along. I'm in, but only if there's flogging. Where is Juntsie when we need him?!
Bhear Ghrillz - Level 51 Druid - Dial A Port | Oggre - Level 44 Warrior | Revenance Vampirus - Level 40 Necromancer | Mottley Crue - Level 30 Rogue | Renovatio - Level 3 Cleric | Abradolf Lincler - Level 40 Cleric | Drowning - Level 35 Enchanter | Oradan Omnipotent - Level 57 Magician | Chubbz Zilla - Level 40 Monk - Scaled Brotherhood
Old 06-05-2015, 03:59 AM
Fire Giant

Now that I think abou it... People should steal fungi's more often now
Old 06-05-2015, 04:38 AM
Banned

I remember when we all thought this ended amiacably and were like this

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Then something happened and now its like this?

Old 06-05-2015, 05:41 AM
Planar Protector

Haven't been paying attention to thread. Can we burn him at the stake or not?
Old 06-05-2015, 08:09 AM
Orc

Quote:
what makes you think him pulling off an incredibly sneaky drop-transfer is more likely than him just accidentally dropping the bag and letting it rot?
Probably because 70kish worth of items were in that bag, you fucking idiot
Old 06-05-2015, 09:19 AM
Sarnak

Are you really charles barkley?
Old 06-05-2015, 09:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesBarkley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Probably because 70kish worth of items were in that bag, you fucking idiot
It was just a question (how would it scan if I threw in a "you fucking idiot" here?).

None of this shit happened in a vacuum. All I'm trying to say, in Shrek's meager and rapidly diminishing defense, is that he could have been careless enough to not only accidentally drop a bag containing upwards of 70k in items, but also be completely unaware that he did so before hammering out and going linkdead. The reason I asked the question is because Shrek, to me, seems like someone who would accidentally do something this stupid rather than intentionally try to scam someone.

And everything that happened after that point of linkdeath, as well as everything that hasn't happened, is making him look pretty damn guilty. He was allegedly very rude about it to tristantio the day after. No one has seen him online since, nor has he said a single word about it to anyone - except Nemce, apparently.

I'm not personally invested in Shadowshrek. Like I said earlier, he's one of if not the newest member of AG, and he's a very, very casual player. But that doesn't make me want to be less objective about the situation. If he had been a total dick to me, I'd still be holding the same stance about everything, though I'd undoubtedly be less vocal about it.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You do realize that items poof all the time while zoning, right?
And just to remind everyone, pixels do occasionally poof into thin air. This is a thing that happens.

Sometimes it happens from zoning, or from trading, or from having multiple items on your cursor. Sometimes from a combination of these things. It doesn't excuse being an idiot and accepting a rez into Charasis with someone's items, and it doesn't excuse being a difficult pain in the ass after the fact, but it is nonetheless a thing that happens.
Old 06-05-2015, 11:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember when we all thought this ended amiacably and were like this

Then something happened and now its like this?

Think it was more people attacking the victim regarding blaming the guild for it so he backed off. First lesson to be learned here is never back off p99 scum lords especially when their scummy guild is defending them.

ag should have done the right thing and booted this scammer from the guild immediately when they heard that idiotic story.