Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 03:44 PM
Kobold

Thumbs down Druid Plvl help

Hello, I am currently trying to learn how to PL past 20, and I hear charming in Kedge is the way to go. Could I get any advice on how to best do this please?
Old 06-04-2015, 08:28 AM
Sarnak

The true master of kedge is not Phinny, but Daldaen. That is his domain. Only he can answer this kind of question.
Old 06-04-2015, 08:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caridry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The true master of kedge is not Phinny, but Daldaen. That is his domain. Only he can answer this kind of question.
Luckily he spawns more often then Phinny too. His Variance is not classic though either [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-04-2015, 09:22 AM
Planar Protector

To PL anywhere beyond the entrance room I highly suggest you are level 58+.

The entry room has 7 swordfish. Generally 4-6 lancers, 0-2 piercers, 0-1 impalers and 0-1 fierce impaler. The fierce Impaler is the rare named in the room and he has a ton more HP/hits harder than everything else in the first room.

When I do the room I pull 4 lancers first and DS tank them, letting the PL toon hit each. After that I will pull the 2 lancer/1 piercer or Impaler combo, repeating the process. With Shield of Blades (32), Bladecoat (6), and DS Potion (31), you can maintain a DS of 69 points. Generally I am able to clear the 1st, 2nd floors and a little of some offshoot rooms in the duration of a DS potion. They are very worth it, especially if you get 5-6 and recharge them yourself.

The entire first room usually will net just under a full level from 20-30 solo. There isn't much need to charm in this room unless the fierce Impaler is up and even then, you need to get more creative with it to get your PL'd toon exp from all the mobs. If you're just starting out I suggest you calm the fierce and pull the rest then deal with him later.

Charming mainly comes in on the 2nd floor when you're pulling.

2nd floor has 2-4 piercer swordfish, 1 piranha, 1 shark (there are also 2 piranhas in the pit). The piranha and shark usually will spawn low enough to a 60 such that they don't aggro you, making pulling easy. However they can spawn as high greens which will aggro you. Basically I will aggro 2 of the piercers and pull them up top and DS tank if my potion is still going. Repeating this until the 2nd floor has no more piercers.

At this point there's the 1 piranha (he roams from the West room to just in front of the South room) and the 1 shark (he roams from the North room to just in front of the East room), as well as the 2 pit pirahnas. Charm one of the roaming mobs, shark or piranha, doesn't matter, and have them fight. When you do this, understand that if you send the pet and it paths over the pit, the two pirahnas down there will aggro it. However you are free to swim over it without getting aggro given you're high enough level. So be careful to send your pet such that he paths outside of those center pillars.

When one of them is at around 10-15%, break charm and swim up top to where your PLed person is and have them hit each, while you DS tank the final part. If the other mobs has a lot of HP left you may opt to charm him and bring him down to fight again or just DS tank and heal through it. It is EXTREMELY inefficient to heal through a large chunk of HP on these mobs.

Once those are dead, you can charm 1 of the pit pirahnas and have it fight the other, repeating the same process. Break at 10-15%, swim up, and have PLed toon kill.

The golden haired mermaid room (Go into south room on 2nd floor then go up the tube) has an additional 3 mobs you can kill, keep in mind you can't charm mermaids. The Cauldronbubble room will have 1-2 sharks but there is the chance you will swim past a pathing mermaid when going down that tube which will require you zone out.

There are quite a few more mobs you can PL off (Cauldronboils room has 2-3, frenzied has 2-4, patriarch has 2, ferocious has 1, undertow has 2-3, seahorse cave is 7, ceiling piranha near UT have 5). I'll let you figure that stuff out when you find 1st/2nd floors camped or you're PLing 50+ or you're out of mobs.

A few tips about Kedge PL:
  1. Get a rebreather for your PLed toon to borrow. Way easier to have them have worn EB. Too often people don't pay attention to their EB timer and let it expire, then drown. You can maintain EB it's just 1 more thing to deal with. Also get yourself a Shield of Prexus or Fishbone Hoop for the same reason.
  2. Get a Goblin Gazughi Ring. Having instant charm break helps immensely for this PLing.
  3. Use Glamour of Tunare to aggro. It's fast casting, no recast, low mana, and huge aggro. It works on everything but mermaids. Plus it doubles as MR reduction for purposes of charming.
  4. Always have your back to a wall or ideally a corner when casting. Channeling in water sucks. Don't be afraid to root, swim away, and cast
  5. Charm resets DMG dealt. What this means is if you have to root a mob twice and you deal 400 damage to it in the process, your PL toon is unlikely to out damage you and get exp. If you however charm the mob and break it, all the damage you did is reset and the PL toon can do a single point of damage to get EXP
  6. Always have Max HP buffs, Self DS, Mask, and Regen on yourself.

As with most things, gear, specifically clickies help speed up the rate you can PL immensely. A Manastone and a Clicky Heal (ES Greaves or Robe of the Spring), allow you to clear a huge amount more than a Druid without these items can clear.
Last edited by Daldaen; 06-04-2015 at 09:37 AM..
Closed Thread