Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 02:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shouldn't we be agreeing to de-escalate the AON-passing-around ourselves instead of asking Rogean for a source code change? If anything?
Because when has that ever worked.
Old 05-27-2015, 02:35 AM
Planar Protector

It worked on blue, not that it made it any better.
Old 05-27-2015, 02:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It worked on blue, not that it made it any better.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-27-2015, 02:51 AM
Planar Protector

"I'm sorry I was wrong on the internet, Jeremy."
Old 05-27-2015, 02:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syft-X [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But there wasn't 200 skelly's running around so there was no need for nameplates, when cazic was revamped and AON's became more popular and were farmed it later became an issue.

Like it is right now.
Anyone who FQs regularly knows my history with Mr. Syft here. But honestly, he is completely on point here. This got patched 35 days into Luclin. Based on the fact that there were separate teams handling EQ Live and xpac development, it is very likely this nameplate change was on the docket in the classic era. It was without a doubt an oversight but a low priority item to get fixed. If they had pushed it through two patches sooner it would have fallen in the "classic" era.

I'm all for a classic server, up to the point it makes the game worse. Saying you intentionally want to make the game shittier to preserve some notion of classic despite the fact we have a plethora of non classic mechanics is getting old.
Old 05-27-2015, 02:54 AM
Banned

LITE IS GOING INSANE
Old 05-27-2015, 02:59 AM
Planar Protector

They left the warrior taunt bug in purposely for 8 months because that shit was classic. Sadism in the name of classic has always been the M.O. here.
Old 05-27-2015, 03:24 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
They left the warrior taunt bug in purposely for 8 months because that shit was classic. Sadism in the name of classic has always been the M.O. here.
4 years of Kunark isn't classic and adjustments need to be made for that 7 months of kunark is classic. By saying keep it classic in ignorance of that fact is not trying to place the game to classic EQ but rather unbalance it for the custom environment we find ourselves in.

The goal is to make the game FEEL like classic everquest, not lawyerdoctor the rules to find exploits. And no nameplates is an exploit it causes mass confusion in pvp that was not intended for an atheistic item, that was made to be an unlimited illusion potion for classes that had no access to it.
Old 05-27-2015, 03:43 AM
Fire Giant

No reason to try to give reason why it should be changed or shouldnt be. Everyone tosses "classic" and "broken" around which ever suits them best at the moment.

Lite and azrael honestly were the main guild to use the AON army strat but now that it does not suit him.....

Lite needs to just come out and say " Empire using AON army hurts guilds chances"

I personally like to see aons have name plates only because it will make following people easier, how ever if I was the soul decider on this issue I would have no names because GG gets more flustered by no Name aons than Empire does
Old 05-27-2015, 03:53 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasher [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No reason to try to give reason why it should be changed or shouldnt be. Everyone tosses "classic" and "broken" around which ever suits them best at the moment.

Lite and azrael honestly were the main guild to use the AON army strat but now that it does not suit him.....

Lite needs to just come out and say " Empire using AON army hurts guilds chances"

I personally like to see aons have name plates only because it will make following people easier, how ever if I was the soul decider on this issue I would have no names because GG gets more flustered by no Name aons than Empire does
To be honest I don't think that way...

I bugreported Wizard unlimited range AoE's when I mained a wizard

I bugreported Highsun when I mained a bard

I bugreported Malosini landing on high MR targets when I was playing a Shaman.

Personally I would love nothing more than no nameplates when I play a necro, and being surrounded by 200 other skelly's would allow me to blend in and cause mass devastation. Especially in ntov on a class with 2 DA's feign death, knowledge of the zone, and max dragon faction. I'm used to fighting 200 man guilds and wiping them in velious it's something I did daily. I know exactly where i can go in that zone with faction and where I have to DA and feign to get by.

But it gives PvP an artificial feel, isn't whats best for the server, and isn't whats best for skill based pvp.