Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 12:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggles
Please send help, I've become stuck in a doorway and i really need to pee. I'm posting this from my phone.
Old 05-25-2015, 12:44 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The irony is that today's raid scene on blue is far more onerous and miserable than it ever was back then. There is a reason why many of the players who thrived in the old raid scene cannot bring themselves to enjoy it.

Thankfully instant engages will be a thing of the past, at least for the first year or so of velious.
Wow congratulations! You were one of the elite mega nerds who could handle P99 raiding when the 96 hour unclassic variance cockblocked 95% of the population from ever seeing a target.

You were truely something unique and special. I know you yearn for the days when regular plebs could not engage raid mobs in your vicinity. It is hard nowadays to stay relevant when so many casuals get to see raid content, esp after you put in all those hours in the past to remain pixel elite.

Its horrible how evenly matched some of the top tier guilds are at the time of a spawn. Damn raid rules.

Good thing you wont have to compete for too long tho right? Velious will allow you to hide back in your mega zerg and gobble up content at the leisurely pace you used to enjoy when no one could challenge your nerd crown.

Winter is coming.
Old 05-25-2015, 12:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaefLaFrenz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow congratulations! You were one of the elite mega nerds who could handle P99 raiding when the 96 hour unclassic variance cockblocked 95% of the population from ever seeing a target.
/facepalm.

I am happy that you are enjoying this present raid scene on blue 99, which requires more commitment from more people to have success.

I for one do not enjoy it and therefore I don't play it. To each their own. It is still ironic that you call me the neck beard. Seek help.

Blue: Dolic - 60 Bard / Dolik- 60 Monk / Mazzarin - 60 Wizard / Fael 60 Necro / Kaylen - 60 Paladin
Old 05-25-2015, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The irony is that today's raid scene on blue is far more onerous and miserable than it ever was back then. There is a reason why many of the players who thrived in the old raid scene cannot bring themselves to enjoy it.

Thankfully instant engages will be a thing of the past, at least for the first year or so of velious.
Which raid scene/server was more miserable, the one with 600 people or the one with 1600? The only reason your type doesn't enjoy the current conditions is because you took pleasure in dominating the server. And I totally understand that, that's a fun thing to do if you're willing to put in the time. But it wasn't good for the server as a whole having everyone else locked out of the raid content. It wasn't even classic (not that I'm saying the solution was classic either). Back on live I was like 12 years old during Kunark and I was able to do Vox, Inny, Gore, VS, etc. I couldn't do those things here until I joined TMO, and only then it was because I was willing to batphone/poopsock.

What you guys are pining for is essentially this: Man, I really want to come back and kill the fuck out of this server with my sociopathic behavior.
Old 05-25-2015, 02:27 PM
Aviak

I find it exceedingly hilarious that an ex-TMO member is bringing all you nostalgic bastards back to reality. It was your cockblocking ways that was poisoning the server. It was so bad the staff HAD to do something about it so the server wouldn't die.

Now you people come in here talking about how things were "so great"... Christ. Zeelot is like the Wolf of Wall Street on here. Only his old pandering machinations mean literally nothing. His decent into nothingness is even more sad because he put so much stock into a 15yo game. Tragic

And that's assuming the RMT charges against him are false, which I highly doubt.
Old 05-25-2015, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

The staff was fine with cockblocking ways (shit's classic) until it took them 5 years to push out Velious.
Old 05-25-2015, 02:47 PM
Aviak

Twas your own actions that brought this on, Jeremy. You can't blame the staff, our benefactors, for your own guilds downfall.

If TMO was so great why couldn't they survive the changes? The answer is twofold:

1.) Pride and greed - who wants to admit they were wrong and have some of their toys taken away? Nobody, really. So your leader stomped his feet, threw a temper tantrum, and shouted "I'm leaving and taking my ball with me! Come on, guys!" How childish. Which brings me to my second reason...

2.) Power Thirst - like some kind of retarded Lord of the Flies TMO actually believed they were somehow better and more deserving then anyone else. When asked to play nice they spat in everyone's face. Times were changing and they refused to budge. So sure of their superiority, they defied everyone. By the time the staff had to flex thieir muscles the jig was up for TMO. How easy it was for them (the staff) to break the "strongest" guild on the server after showing them how powerless they really were.

Let's face it. You didn't persevere. You folded.
Old 05-25-2015, 02:56 PM
Planar Protector

Nobody worth a shit wanted to play under the new ghetto rules with a bunch of entitled worthless maggots.
Old 05-25-2015, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uggme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How easy it was for them (the staff) to break the "strongest" guild on the server after showing them how powerless they really were.
Key words. The staff, not any other guild!
Old 05-25-2015, 03:12 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nobody worth a shit wanted to play under the new ghetto rules with a bunch of entitled worthless maggots.
The 1000+ peak time player growth is evidence contrary to your sentiment. Or are all 1600 people online in the evenings worthless pieces of shit / maggots?

How much of a jerk are ya, bud? Shall we find out?
Closed Thread