Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 04:58 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They're trying to recreate the game exactly as it was... UI and all. It will only support up to the original Trilogy client.

These emus are more akin to reverse-engineering the current game and making an approximation of what things were like.
i mean, will that actually be significantly different from p99 in terms of end-user experience? or is it just a talking point?
Old 12-09-2010, 05:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qenaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i mean, will that actually be significantly different from p99 in terms of end-user experience? or is it just a talking point?
If they have their way the UI will be similar to that of the original EQUI in 1999.
Not sure if that's points for or points against to be honest.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:09 PM
Orc

lol if thats the only difference and its taking them 6 year to implement it id say its points against
Old 12-09-2010, 05:21 PM
Fire Giant

I don't really know the details beyond their goal is to actually recreate the game exactly as it was, and that apparently involves years worth of work.

They also plan to have spellbook-in-face meditation.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't really know the details beyond their goal is to actually recreate the game exactly as it was, and that apparently involves years worth of work.

They also plan to have spellbook-in-face meditation.
What? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] An excuse for me to use Sentry?
I did not even think of that! Sign me up!
Old 12-09-2010, 05:28 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] An excuse for me to use Sentry?
I did not even think of that! Sign me up!
Traitor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-09-2010, 06:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Someone make a thread and see what happens.
Tried that long ago, i think they check every post on the forums before they allow it, and mine was blocked.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:47 PM
Banned

Nazi leadership, impossible development goals, and next to no evidence that they're making any progress?

seems pretty legit guys
Old 12-09-2010, 06:52 PM
Kobold

I check that site out occasionally to see what kind of progress they are making. "Occasionally" has become less and less frequent, since it might not be done for years.

Am I mistaken, or are they not planning to host a server? Just developing the client for others to modify/manage?
Old 12-09-2010, 07:12 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I used to be one of the people waiting for EQclassic before i knew about p1999.
I was so pissed off that i had been waiting so long and found out that this server had been up for an entire year.
I tried to post on their forums about how great it is here but they blocked my posts and said I will be banned if I try to post about p1999 again, I sent them a PM back that I don't give a F**k because they are just wasting everyone's time.
Their project will never be done, and they do almost no work on it anymore.
Closed Thread