Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 04-19-2015, 02:27 AM
Fire Giant

Default Memory error when loading to character select

Hello again everyone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

I've been trying to figure out a string of issues I've been having [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

My current issue is when I try to load, I get past the server select, and when I get to the character select I get the dreaded memory error:

The instruction at 0x029110ce referenced memory at 0xfffffffc. The memory could not be read

I've changed my resolution in the eqclient.ini file to 800x600 in all 3 areas, I've also tried 3 or 4 different sets of resolutions including the native one for my monitor.

I've also tried going into the options when I load the game and resetting to default settings.

I've tried recopying my EQ directory from a flash disk without any changes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

I've tried taking out 1 ram stick (I have 2) and got the same issue, then switched the sticks so the other was the only one I was using, same issue.

This started when my cpu was overheating, I changed a few things around and actually upgraded my graphics card, mobo and cpu from AMD to Intel.

Does anyone have any other thoughts other than what's on the multiple threads on this forum from the past, and in the FAQ?

I'm contemplating doing a fresh reinstall of titanium...i honestly doubt that'd work but I'm honestly out of ideas at this point.

Any assistance would be most appreciated [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Old 04-21-2015, 12:57 PM
Fire Giant

/bump [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I've tried 640x480 resolution, no change [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

I reformatted my ssd and reinstalled windows 7, with no change.

At this point I'm starting to think it's either my original EQ install, or possibly my HDD?

I switched from an AMD CPU to Intel, but I was having this issue before as well.

Any ideas? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Kope; 04-21-2015 at 01:10 PM..
Old 04-21-2015, 01:18 PM
Aviak

re-install direct x and restart computer, if that doesn't work, re-install eq titanium and restart computer, if that doesn't work you need a new computer because if yours cant handle a 1999 game its bad.
Old 04-21-2015, 01:20 PM
Aviak

Not worth trying a $200+ video card if your computer is shit. just buy a new HP computer from Walmart for like $500. If you are constant pc gamer I recommend looking into a 1-2k gaming pc.
Old 04-21-2015, 01:27 PM
Fire Giant

If you use google and search your error and Project 1999, a bunch of threads have been posted with different successful solutions. Google is better at searching this type of problem than the forum search.

Google: 0x029110ce referenced memory at 0xfffffffc Project 1999
Old 04-21-2015, 01:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerboy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not worth trying a $200+ video card if your computer is shit. just buy a new HP computer from Walmart for like $500. If you are constant pc gamer I recommend looking into a 1-2k gaming pc.
It's not the computer's performance that's the issue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. I'm fine running everything else, just P99 is having issues.

Intel xeon 1231v3
Asus Z97-A
GTX 970
16gigs Gskill ram
Samsung 840 pro SSD
2 TB HDD

I will try reinstalling directx though and if nothing else works I'll try reinstalling titanium. Thank you for your response [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Old 04-21-2015, 01:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you use google and search your error and Project 1999, a bunch of threads have been posted with different successful solutions. Google is better at searching this type of problem than the forum search.

Google: 0x029110ce referenced memory at 0xfffffffc Project 1999
I've searched these and tried the solutions provided [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Old 04-21-2015, 01:43 PM
Fire Giant

Google this : Referenced Memory-Could not be read | EverQuest Forums

The sony station one from Nov 13, 2012 seemed most helpful. I had to read the cache though.
Old 04-21-2015, 01:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Google this : Referenced Memory-Could not be read | EverQuest Forums

The sony station one from Nov 13, 2012 seemed most helpful. I had to read the cache though.
I've read though it, and they have a few of the same solutions as others, with a couple of others:

I disabled vertex shaders in the eqclient.ini, no change [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

*edit* I also tried setting the resolution to my windows desktop to 1280x720 just incase, no change. This is with EQ's resolutions all set (in eq options as well as all 3 areas of the .ini file) to 800x600.
Last edited by Kope; 04-21-2015 at 01:56 PM..
Old 04-21-2015, 05:20 PM
Fire Giant

I don't know why but even my old installed EQ copied from my flash drive didn't work, but I just did a fresh titanium install and bam, it worked [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. I first saved all of my character .ini files so I wouldn't have to create everything from scratch.

I have no idea why this worked, but it did.