Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 08:47 AM
Fire Giant

Ogre on red or don't play a shaman imo
Old 04-05-2015, 11:10 AM
Banned

Regen is nice and on paper it sounds good to have it as a base attribute, but I can't remember a time I've ever noticed one shaman to be particularly more effective than another in a group situation based on their race. And as far as playing a shaman, I've always played barb mainly because I like not being hated everywhere, and once you have an epic\torpor and to a lesser extent a jbb you are so ridiculously overpowered it really does not mean jack shit what race you are.

Also I just like how barbs look. Best plate helmet graphics in the game.
Old 04-05-2015, 12:45 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-05-2015, 02:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, if you think that ogre shaman can solo mobs that trolls/barbs/iks can't then you are dead wrong. That frontal stun immunity racial ogres have is just "nice" to have, that is all. Regen is also "nice" to have. Which one do you want? One that is ALWAYS in effect or one that is very rarely in effect?
I love it... No-one ever claims this but it's always the reply when people disagree with ogres being on top.

I'll take the racial ability that works best when doing tougher content, not the ability that works best when doing easy stuff, because, easy stuff is always easy.
Twerp - Ogre Shaman
Numpty - Halfling Warrior
Tosser - Gnome Enchanter
Old 04-05-2015, 02:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaetatus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love it... No-one ever claims this but it's always the reply when people disagree with ogres being on top.
At this point, anyone who claims that the optimal race for a shaman (in terms of high-end solo content) is not ogre is simply attempting to rationalize not choosing an ogre.

Misrepresenting the opposing argument is just one of the ways they accomplish this.
Last edited by Synthlol; 04-05-2015 at 02:59 PM..
Old 04-05-2015, 04:10 PM
Fire Giant

The real issue is by rolling any race but ogre...you unfortunately are not an ogre.
Old 04-05-2015, 07:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At this point, anyone who claims that the optimal race for a shaman (in terms of high-end solo content) is not ogre is simply attempting to rationalize not choosing an ogre.

Misrepresenting the opposing argument is just one of the ways they accomplish this.
Narrowly defining "optimal race for a shaman" by "high-end solo content" is misrepresenting the full scope of the game in an attempt to rationalize not choosing troll. Partial fungi > defense against a predictable and relatively harmless ability.

There will be encounters that you'd rather have a snare clicky than FSI once snare and root stack. Runners r bad.
Old 04-05-2015, 08:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKvothe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Narrowly defining "optimal race for a shaman" by "high-end solo content" is misrepresenting the full scope of the game in an attempt to rationalize not choosing troll.
I don't have a shaman. No skin in this game. Nice try, though.
Last edited by Synthlol; 04-05-2015 at 08:22 PM..
Old 04-05-2015, 09:23 PM
Planar Protector

Ogre.
Old 04-06-2015, 04:47 AM
Skeleton

Remember kids the best reason to be ogre is to be stun immune so you can kill the same dragons that trolls, barbs, and iksar do. It's a must have racial. /s
Last edited by phro; 04-06-2015 at 04:52 AM..
Closed Thread