Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2015, 06:41 PM
Fire Giant

The one thing that I think is missing from this conversation is the question of:

"Fair" in one moment on one item vs. "fair" over time.

Arguably, there are very few single awards that are 100pct spot-on/perfect/accurate/fair...in that there's not a case to be made for that award to go to someone else in that moment.

However, irrespective of the system (DKP vs. loot council in this conversation), the more important question is the system working well (for you and everyone else) over time?

DKP can be buggered with. Loot councils can make bad decisions. That's just how it is. Mitigating the buggering and mistakes is really key to a robust, fair-over-time loot system.

All that said, if you (not the OP, particularly...just the reader) are the type of person who is gonna throw a fit about a single item/award and make it just painful for your guild to want to get and distribute loot, you might want to invest in a mirror and look there for problems before looking elsewhere.

Or, in other words, one of the major problems with most loot systems is the intrinsically, inherently greedy and entitled people. No matter how fair the system is, they'll always be victims. If you find yourself the *only* person constantly being victimized by loot awards, perhaps the problem is with you rather than the system.

Cloki - Lead Hippie, OMNI
Old 03-14-2015, 06:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretending you're a chick and cybering your guild leader.
Old 03-14-2015, 06:52 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I have been in both types and there are good and bad in both, you need to make up your mind whats the best of both and go in that type of guild. I'am sick and tired of the raiding, i have been doing it for 5 years in another mmo. I have came to 1999 to get away from it all, just realxing and having fun right now. Raiding can make people become nasty, and greedy.
Old 03-14-2015, 06:55 PM
Aviak

DKP 2.0 i.e. EP/GP

http://www.epgpweb.com/help/system

The math behind it is crazy elegant.

Basically, having a gigantic DKP pool doesn't mean you win everything, but it does mean you get the lion's share. As soon as lower members get a bone, you're back on top immediately. The more you show up, the less decay affects you (rewarding attendance). While decay also discourages hoarding, if you don't have anything worth spending it on no worries. You will never be passed in priority as long as you have good attendance. Ensuring hardcore raiders can still get what they most desire (just not the next 10 of those things).
Last edited by Scoresby; 03-14-2015 at 07:00 PM..
Old 03-14-2015, 07:13 PM
Planar Protector

One solution is to stop caring about loot. Then it won't matter how much you get or don't get. Then you'll have fun without worrying about pixels.

I realize that some folks would rather care about loot and be miserably stressed out over it...my solution isn't for you.
Old 03-14-2015, 08:25 PM
Kobold

This is the same argument as Capitalism vs. Communism. Both can be very good, or very bad. It depends on who is in charge. Ultimate power ultimately corrupts, and this server is rampant with it. So if you're looking for fair I would not start here. /2cents
Old 03-14-2015, 09:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayde [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the same argument as Capitalism vs. Communism. Both can be very good, or very bad. It depends on who is in charge. Ultimate power ultimately corrupts, and this server is rampant with it. So if you're looking for fair I would not start here. /2cents
This isnt Sociology 101. A 'fair' system isnt the point. The point is constructing a system that has enough legitimacy to its members to be able to weather the storms that come with challenging (and rising to) the dominate power on THIS server. You can have a wonderful system of distributing loot - if you do not get any loot, it is irrelevant.

If you 'just want to have fun and not care about loot', I dont see how or why you feel like contributing to a thread about potential loot systems. At the end of the day, the only thing that matters to people who a loot system really matters to is being on top, i.e. getting enough loot to care.

Or the people who don't get enough loot for their members and devise a system that distributes it amongst their higher echelon.
Last edited by Tanthallas; 03-14-2015 at 09:47 PM..
Old 03-15-2015, 12:35 AM
Planar Protector

Motec you always have been and always will be a coattail-riding beta.
Old 03-15-2015, 01:05 AM
Fire Giant

Jeremy and Motec arguing on forums. I miss this.
Old 03-15-2015, 01:31 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread