Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-09-2015, 09:10 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Using EQFTP (Steam EQ)

I've noticed a few posts lately, on the P1999 reddit, telling people that they are able to use the EQFTP edition on steam instead of titanium. My friends and I have issues with just downloading titanium. I'm sure I'll get ridiculed for that, but in my line of work I would be a total hypocrite for illegally downloading Titanium. So, it's either buy the CDs (which is what I will probably end up doing) or figure out what these people were talking about. Quotes from a thread on p99 reddit below...

"You realize you don't actually need Titanium, right? Even if you do have the constitution of someone's mom in 2005 and are afraid to use bittorrent, you can get the f2p version from Steam and replace the files. What's more, I don't even think it's illegal to pirate Titanium, considering it isn't for retail sale anymore and the game has since become 100% f2p."

Then this..
"I've used PB for myself and two others. I think it's called Everquest Titanium? It wasn't hard to find but I haven't tried looking in about two days."

The response..
"download from steam client"

Is there anyway this can be done? I would love to hop on and play today, and if this way of playing on P99 is possible I would FINALLY be able to convince a few friends to play. I appreciate any help and will be checking back often to see if anyone has any advice. I've tried simply replacing files with the ones offered on this website (the ones you need to delete/replace) but I never got it working correctly.
Old 03-10-2015, 12:28 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

"You can use the version from Steam. Just need to change the eqhost file to point at the eqemu server and replace the game files with those from project1999.com."

Found another person talking about it. I tried it but it really doesn't seem to work. I don't see why someone would just fabricate this.
Old 03-10-2015, 09:20 AM
Fire Giant

Project 1999 no longer supports the Steam version of the game. You have to use the Titanium version.
Old 03-10-2015, 09:39 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Project 1999 no longer supports the Steam version of the game. You have to use the Titanium version.
I appreciate the comment, thank you very much for clearing that up for me Savok.
Old 03-11-2015, 08:13 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

get to pirating :P

or it looks like amazon has it for only 100.00 (used , 300.00 new)

http://www.amazon.com/Everquest-Tita.../dp/B000CPSHFS

ebay has some for cheap I guess
Old 03-11-2015, 08:47 PM
Banned

You have purchased an actual copy of this game before.

You are legally entitled to own a second backup copy.

Just download it. I'm sure that high horse could use a break.

Besides, the client itself is free to download. You're just receiving an older version from an anonymous friend.