View Poll Results: Qeynos or Freeport?
Qeynos! 76 52.41%
Freeport! 69 47.59%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 10:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKvothe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Neither are the best, but Qeynos is much better. Qeynos at least has the rabid wolves for spell money. FP has auction spam, over-hunted newbie grounds, and the cheap feeling of begging for buffs.

An ideal newbie zone has plenty of mobs levels 1, 2, 3, and 4. FP has mostly lvl 1 mobs with fewer level 2 mobs. Once you're level 3, getting to 4 is annoying, especially if you're an enchanter or wizard or something. Also, a newbie zone should have instant cash items, like cloth and rusty weapons, as well as valuable items like HQ bear skins to help buy those 5/55 rings asap.

My preferred newbie zones:
Everfrost - HQ bear skins, polar bear skins, plenty of cloth and rusty weapons.
Innothule - great level spread, tons of woven/mesh, alligator skins
Steamfont - good level spread and mino loot is pretty solid cash

I hate misty and nektulos, and I haven't tried toxx yet.
It surprises me how many people don't go to North Ro. There's a ton of decaying skeletons there that drop cloth, bone chips and weapons and there's pumas to get to 4 when you're bored killing skeletons, but really, you'll make some good noob money just by grinding the skeletons to 4. Not to mention vendors with food and guards to run to right there at the inn.
Old 02-17-2015, 10:13 PM
Large Rat

It seems this is a Qeynos heavy thread! Qeynos has it's advantages for sure, but you guys are judging Freeport based on EC and that's it... FP has access to the boats which is great for sure, Faydwer, Kunark, Velious... only a few zones from FP! North Ro, Oasis, West Commons are good places to level through the teens. Befallen is a great low level dungeon comparable to Blackburrow I think. And no other zone is like Lavastorm with 3 dungeons off it and a dragon!

Now I love Qeynos area too, so much fun. But hard to find a bind always. And if you make tons of Plat in Qeynos you still have to go to EC to spend it... Surefall Glade port changes Qeynos a bit, which is nice! More druids over there.

Before EC became EC, Freeport was the main hub anyways. My first character (Not in beta) was a human monk. North Ro was SO much fun, EC orcs were a great way to meet other noobies. The point is if you judge Freeport base on EC then you are missing all the great things about FP.
Old 02-18-2015, 01:05 AM
Sarnak

i forget the name of the server i played on live, but before EC tunnel became the auction hub, NFP by the bank was THE PLACE TO SHOP. the area by the bank had hundreds of players, you had to seek out evil races in the sewers to trade with, gave it an awesome black market atmosphere
Old 02-18-2015, 07:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinedwardperry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It seems this is a Qeynos heavy thread! Qeynos has it's advantages for sure, but you guys are judging Freeport based on EC and that's it... FP has access to the boats which is great for sure, Faydwer, Kunark, Velious... only a few zones from FP! North Ro, Oasis, West Commons are good places to level through the teens. Befallen is a great low level dungeon comparable to Blackburrow I think. And no other zone is like Lavastorm with 3 dungeons off it and a dragon!

Now I love Qeynos area too, so much fun. But hard to find a bind always. And if you make tons of Plat in Qeynos you still have to go to EC to spend it... Surefall Glade port changes Qeynos a bit, which is nice! More druids over there.

Before EC became EC, Freeport was the main hub anyways. My first character (Not in beta) was a human monk. North Ro was SO much fun, EC orcs were a great way to meet other noobies. The point is if you judge Freeport base on EC then you are missing all the great things about FP.
Any city where they poop in the street is a classy city.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:42 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by unleashedd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i forget the name of the server i played on live, but before EC tunnel became the auction hub, NFP by the bank was THE PLACE TO SHOP. the area by the bank had hundreds of players, you had to seek out evil races in the sewers to trade with, gave it an awesome black market atmosphere
Veeshan and Saryrn servers were like that. I was quite surprised when I came to this server and NFP wasn't the auction zone.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:52 AM
Sarnak

SARYRN thats it, thanks Nefarum. EC did eventually get established as the auction place, but i never understood why - theres not a banker in sight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-18-2015, 07:53 AM
Sarnak

Qeynos catacombs >> Freeport sewers

Come on guys, have you ever visited the temple of Bertoxxulous below town? That place alone has more charm and lore than all Freeport zones together. My vote gos to Qeynos.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:57 AM
Sarnak

was there an auction hub in qeynos catacombs ever? the atmosphere in freeport sewers, while trading, was made by the players not some static npc junk (also, sony eq backwards? so "clever")
Old 02-18-2015, 10:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It surprises me how many people don't go to North Ro. There's a ton of decaying skeletons there that drop cloth, bone chips and weapons and there's pumas to get to 4 when you're bored killing skeletons, but really, you'll make some good noob money just by grinding the skeletons to 4. Not to mention vendors with food and guards to run to right there at the inn.
I always forget about NRo and bemoan the awfulness that is EC lol ^^
Old 02-18-2015, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catashe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wait there are Wizards on this server? Since when?
we all anon or role
Closed Thread