Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 10:02 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susvain2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
like most people
I think you have the server counts confused; the one with more is blue.

EDIT: I pointed out the above before watching the video. Maybe its the role of the cleric, but no part of this looks like fun to me.
60 Iksar Monk
20 Halfling Druid

=== OMNI ===
Last edited by GreldorEQ; 02-17-2015 at 10:06 AM..
Old 02-17-2015, 11:10 AM
Sarnak

shadows and dubstep? no thanks i'll stick to blue
Old 02-17-2015, 11:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreldorEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you have the server counts confused; the one with more is blue.

EDIT: I pointed out the above before watching the video. Maybe its the role of the cleric, but no part of this looks like fun to me.
Most of the blue people i've met who come over recently realize how much fun the pvp element adds to EQ.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:34 AM
Banned

Heres a story from a recent bluebie convert who tried red

- Thank you man, and will do. I like the concept of pvp and the more I read about Red the more I surprised I never looked into it... until I read your post. Thank you much, Ill message you when I get something going.

-Only 3 lvls in as a wood elf ranger with a few leather bits and a rusty two hander, and I'm feeling like this was the right choice. Just in understanding that there is now another layer to the social dynamic, that everyone has to participate in. I only got to play for about an hour, but me and another bluebie managed to have a fun game of hide... seek... kill. before grouping for a little bit. Had more fun right there hen I've had in blue in months. lol just the awkward moments wondering if this other rusty short sword* bastard was gonna attack. And all this could've happened on blue, just dueling and all, but it's not always in everyone's mind on blue.

Anyway name's"XXXXXXX", and Ill be on again tonight, just about after 10pm est

Thanks again

- I really wish I could convince my RL friends to start up a red toon. Im excited to see what this full group exp bonus is all about. Wasn't there a post that said you started in November? Did you play blue for a long time before that?

- I will definitely keep the resists in mind, and I know exactly what you mean. That moment of uncertainty I had with another brand new player was great. no lie there was 2-3 mins of just watching each other while we smacked some mobs... waiting for him to engage one before I did, just to make sure I wasn't going to get bonked on the back of the head while I fought a bat... lol and in the end he just asked... "Are we gonna do this?" and I was like... "Yup!" afterward we just grouped.

- Im on now, Ill be hunting around gfay eventually moving to the orc camps

So i dont know if youve ever had to deal with these PKers calling themselves the midget mafia, but holy shit what a night!!

- So it starts with ne and a full group, lvl 11ish, hunting away in CB. Things were rolling well for like 15 minutes when a dwarven rogue showed up all non chalantly and slid in to stab our healer in the back to death. The next 2 minutes was a fast paced battle om the move for he zone line, all the while this guy is shouting something about blood, drinks, and pay up or die, lol. So we made it out and then danced inbetween the zonelines for a minute, he got another and then we killed him.

1 group member quit out.

Within 5 min hes back with a buddy and another bloodly war starts. Theyre going on with the same pay up or die. Lol they got me a couple times.

2 more group mates bail.

A higher lvl knight shows up and starts to gaurd the zone line. The last 3 of us hunting in relative piece for 10 min or so... But then the midgets doubled and the now 4 rogue strong(3 dwfs, 1 gnome) slay the knight and proceed to slaughter us poor newbs. All the while screaming the same things.

Last two guys quit, saying they cant take the griefing anymore.

So im all alone and i trek back to grab my corpse. Zone in and they start beating me up, i /say LnS good show guys. They all pause And the leaderish one says.. You gotta say it in /ooc.

Now im sure this isnt as shameful as i percieve it, lol but i didnt want to, didnt want to let everyone know i couldnt take a other beating, lol.

But then it clicked... All this killing and not once had these guys looted my money. So i did some pleaing and RPing and eventually paid them.

Thats where it all shifted, they invited me and anounce that i had paid the protection money and were now under their "protection"

I thought awesome, i stuck it out and now i can level in peace, but it was better then that, they proceded to slaughter cb for me and i gained 3 lvls in under 20 minutes.

By the end i was stabbing orcs with a rusty dagger i picked up and shouting at any dirty elf that showed up to pay up or get stabbed.

It was a blast, joking, fun, and trying to extort my former elven brothers. No one else seemed to get what was happenig though.

Made my night, these guys had a plan and im glad i didnt bitch out lole everyone else.
Last edited by Susvain2; 02-17-2015 at 11:37 AM..
Old 02-17-2015, 11:53 AM
Aviak

your pathetic stop promoting red, yes its the better server but all you will do is increase holos rank rofl 250 pop is fine
Old 02-17-2015, 11:53 AM
Planar Protector

Roleplaying and PLing. Oh how red has fallen.
Old 02-17-2015, 12:34 PM
Kobold

Too much necro
Old 02-17-2015, 12:44 PM
Banned

lots of running in circles is what i saw.
Old 02-17-2015, 12:46 PM
Sarnak

all jokes aside, red is fun but some of us do not like the shitty ruleset, if there were item loot the server would be 100x better, without item loot the pvp is pointless (unless your pvping for a raid mob), and pointless pvp is a lot funner in most other games, mmorpg or not

theres just simply nothing appealing about starting a new character from level one just to play a game where you have to deal with frusturating and tedious corpse runs from a death by some twinked out rogue and absolutely nothing to gain from a kill, seeing the stupid yellow text get spammed with your name is simply not enough for most people and we'd rather play a better pvp game unless the ruleset changed on red

for christ sakes there was even exp death on pvp kills for a while on red and it took a lot of bitching for that awful idea to be removed, they should really rethink the rulset and wipe red if they really want to bring people in
Last edited by harnold; 02-17-2015 at 12:59 PM..
Old 02-17-2015, 12:52 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Sorry no I do not PVP. Mostly because I'm terrible at it. Also because of idiot children. If I wanted to bang my head against a wall I'd go back to work.

Khatilly
Druidess of Tunare (Green)
Closed Thread