Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 10:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can troll in Hearthstone too, you just can't type [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Some asshole mage countering everything you try and trying to get a fast win? Start letting that timer go right down (within a second of ending) on every turn to slow them down [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess some people will find anyway to be a dick. Grats.
Old 02-06-2015, 07:35 PM
Planar Protector

MOBA gamers are the worst...toxic cesspool.
Old 02-06-2015, 07:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen1080 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
MOBA gamers are the worst...toxic cesspool.
Definitely... "free to play" culture encourages it. If people lose a character/account that they spent weeks/months on they'd be pissed so would likely "behave".

What's a 45 minute game of LoL to anyone? If it goes badly, they'll never see anyone again... so people just say it straight, and it encourages a terrible community as its now the norm.
Old 02-06-2015, 07:45 PM
Banned

OP has been playing since 99 and is 29. OP lived through NES/SNES/Genesis without playing them.
Old 02-06-2015, 07:49 PM
Banned

idk what rose-tinted past you nerds are remembering but public gaming has always been a cesspool of retards and trolling outside of cringeworthy super-cereal EQ bluebies.
Old 02-06-2015, 08:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bled12345 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyways.... it's sad to see the next generation of gaming culture ruining one of my favourite sanctuaries, is it too much to ask for people to not be entirely shitty to one another while doing a recreational activity that is supposed to be centred around FUN?
The internet in its entirety is being ruined since all the retards that used to spend their time watching TV discovered it as a way to pass time. I'm not saying that the internet was some secret club, but the idiot volume has skyrocketed in the last 4 years.
Old 02-08-2015, 08:36 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bled12345 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So this is a bit of a vent, and rant... I'm 29, got into online gaming around 98/99. One of the things that drew me in was just how many awesome people I got to play with, and the fun times you'd have playing multiplayer in whatever it may be....

It seems like in the past few years, the gaming community has gotten worse....

It feels like the annoying 12 year olds in call of duty from 8 years ago are fellow adults now, but they grew up to be shitty adults. Any of you feel this way?

I just played a game of CS GO, and on the 2nd round being the last person alive on my team, I kill 2 people and then die and we lose the round, and my team vote kicks me, and I get a 2 hour ban..... I'm sure the guys on my team thought it was just frikken hilarious, but this kind of trolling seems rampant in all aspects of gaming now, it's like it's awesome and coveted to be just outright toxic to people you are playing with.

Anyways.... it's sad to see the next generation of gaming culture ruining one of my favourite sanctuaries, is it too much to ask for people to not be entirely shitty to one another while doing a recreational activity that is supposed to be centred around FUN?
Hard to say, we were on the frontier of online gaming, when it wasn't something you took for granted, and it was amazing being connected to people in a common interest that was more niche. Now, every asshole you didnt want to deal with is playing the same games as you, so its like getting on a subway when you connect to an online game.
Old 02-08-2015, 09:05 PM
Planar Protector

Worst of it is that there's games out there now that actively encourage bad behavior.

H1Z1 definitely up there, and I'm guilty of it myself... I've been nice to people only to be shot in the head, stabbed, punched and whatever else. So why not grief other people? I'm a bad person in that kind of game.

EQ (thankfully) encourages cooperation and a friendly environment where you make friends that you'll see again. Even WoW had that to start with before they started clustering servers together, at which time the LFG tool just paired you up with 4 other random people from other servers. After that nobody cared about their own behavior.
Old 02-08-2015, 09:17 PM
Planar Protector

Everything was better in the old days.

Tanrin,Rinat,Sprucewaynee
Old 02-08-2015, 10:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NizmerThafen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, a lot of those who never played EQ back in the day and came from WoW are some of the nastiest people. Also, they are nearly worthless players in general.

In my opinion the Golden Age of Gaming was from about 1995 to about 2003~

this^^^ times 1000

The WoW/Call of Duty era gamers ruined online gaming.
Closed Thread