Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 05:07 PM
Sarnak

You seem to be stuck on the premise that the differentiation between class c and class r is that class r wants things handed to them. I never have and never will have a problem beating someone on an encounter. Preparedness for raids is just as important to a class r guild as it is to a class c guild.

The difference as I see it, is that I will never stoop to shady tactics to gain an advantage. I won't play the petition game. There is no such thing as mandatory attendance. This is a game, not a job. I play to have fun and I want to like the people I play with.

Just my opinion.

Juevento - Druid <Free Agent>
Old 02-03-2015, 05:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juevento [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What will more likely happen is the smaller guilds will merge or dissolve or even better yet, step up to the plate and end up doing the same things asked for in the proposed rotation changes.
Basically the conclusion among the smaller guilds was if we are going to have to track and camp out like crazy, we'd rather do in on our own hours.
Old 02-03-2015, 05:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnamazing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because of guild leaders & officers imo. 90% of players have no issue with people of different guilds, but our egos aren't at stake if we lose the mob to another guild. It comes down to simple tribal pride.
This has played a part in negotiations. About 15% of the reason things went south. I'd say we are more in the "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" stage right now. Everyone is looking at who is willing to do what and how big of a force can you muster if you tried, ect. It's possible that a month or two down the road, once we have all played our cards, we will say "okay, things are not how we thought they'd be, we should look to a rotation again with these changes..."
Old 02-03-2015, 05:26 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juevento [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will never stoop to shady tactics to gain an advantage
Yea you and your guild don't stoop to shady tactics that's for sure.... oh wait, you're telling me that BDA proposal was not shady as fuck ?

Lol Keep the spin machine going.

If you guys had problems with guilds teaming up and taking two slots you should have dealt with that. Did you honestly think you would have a consensus on your proposal with keeping the epic mobs behind bullshit tiers ? If a guild can kill VS/Mystro/CT etc they should be able to go after those targets without your bullshit tier entry mobs

Oh yea, Fuck you Chest
Old 02-03-2015, 05:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey Man0warr, You wanna go on my stream to represent your guild?

I was told you're a fucking idiot and super cringy by one of your guildmates so It would be good television.
Television? You'd better stick to radio buddy.
Old 02-03-2015, 05:46 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clasick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh yea, Fuck you Chest

Yeah fuck you Chest, taking my free pixels. BDA so greedy, that's why some of it belongs in my inventory.
Old 02-03-2015, 05:52 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah fuck you Chest, taking my free pixels. BDA so greedy, that's why some of it belongs in my inventory.
All Pixels to Chest! He got 2 BCGs today. Was well deserved.
Old 02-03-2015, 05:54 PM
Kobold

And all I got this was this shitty Insignia Protector that I didn't even want? What the fuck.
Old 02-03-2015, 06:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archalen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Television? You'd better stick to radio buddy.
Shhhhh don't bring up his looks. Last time his rl photo was linked he disappeared for months.
Old 02-03-2015, 06:24 PM
Decaying Skeleton

As someone who does not raid on P99, but did raid on live from Velious to PoP, I wonder about a few things. The server I played on during live had a raiding guild setup not unlike P99 has now. There were 2 top raiding guilds on U.S. primetime, 1 big European guild, and anywhere from 3 - 6 other U.S. timezone raid guilds that were decidedly behind the top 3 (2 U.S., 1 European).

On that server, there were no rotations. Everything was get what you can when you can. I was a member of one of the lower guilds. During my time with the guild (Velious - PoP) we would rank anywhere from 4 - 6. Obviously not a top guild of any measure. But every single week, even when I started raided two or three months into Velious, we were still taking down multiple raid targets. Granted it wasn't AoW or NToV, but we raided, we killed stuff, we got pixels.

The thing I remember most about raiding during that time is that every Tuesday night (after the weekly server restarts) the first thing we did was figure out what target the top 2 guilds were going after. Usually they were gathering in Kael or Tov, and eventually Sleepers. We would use the time they spent there to take on other targets. We'd go to Fear, Hate, Trak, DN. Or hell, if Top guild 1 was in NToV and top guild 2 was in Kael, we'd go to HoT. ToV easily held 3 guilds at a time. One in North, one in West, and one in HoT. The number of raid targets meant that the top guilds couldn't be everywhere at once.

Usually by Thursday of each most of the best targets were down. ToV was clear, CT was killed, Kael was cleaned out, and eventually the Wardens (all but 1) would have been taken down. But even then, there was stuff to do. HoT for SS armor, Kael arena for dwarf armor, WToV for giant armor, Dain Ring wars, WW dragons, etc. Sure it was only raiding 1 or 2 nights a week, but is that any different than P99 is now?

So my question is this. What the hell is allowing TMO/IB the ability to seem to be everywhere? Is it really so bad that even the top Class R guild can't figure out how to get their guild to a secondary target while TMO and IB play train games in VP? I mean on my live server we had a Euro guild that would take any juicy raid target that popped when U.S. guilds were asleep/at work, so it's not like U.S. guilds could just leave something up overnight and expect it to be there the next day. We also had a 12 hour variance for most targets during live and we were able to manage just fine.
Closed Thread