Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 01-21-2015, 08:15 PM
Sarnak

is it possible to make it so we can only play on p99 through a CRT monitor?
Old 01-21-2015, 08:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
is it possible to make it so we can only play on p99 through a CRT monitor?
CRT monitors are no longer produced. obtaining one can be difficult
Old 01-21-2015, 08:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kender [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
maybe we can go even further and make the client only runnable on 3dfx cards
Old 01-22-2015, 06:50 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weidar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can someone inform me on what is considered classic eq?

I read all suggestions and i can understand the points but what exactly is classic, everything up until the very first patch, the first month of play or everything up until but not including the first expansion?

Or is EQ + the first two expansions classic? What date in time did classic end?

Please enlighten me.

Good Lowly Molly ,

whew, talk about some classic indecision ....

Think i can lead you in the right direct Weider.

To start "The original design is credited to Brad McQuaid, Steve Clover, and Bill Trost. It was developed by Sony's 989 Studios and its early-1999 spin-off Verant Interactive, and published by Sony Online Entertainment (SOE).

Its acquisition of Verant in late 1999, SOE develops, runs, and distributes EverQuest.

The UI thats being discussed is the old Verant design that sony slowly changed over the course of time for technology / monitor resolution purposes.

pic here of a in-game velious scrennie. Sony had RIGHTS to this game at this time, no one forget that, don't care who thinks who is.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/10...st-expansions/

Look for The Tattered Notebook, its been passed around a lot and ended up in joystiqs hands, its truly tattered. If anyone cared to know what happened to it, its found there with joystiq. Joystiq is big players now bought tons of stuff, anyways....

Dig through that you will find every answer ever needed. Stepping into SoV is now stepping into Sony territory. For what ever reason someone decided to not like them it shouldn't be the UI's fault, it was about the only improvement the player base eventually saw.

The game while in Verants hands only ran at 640x480 resolution, the UI was broken apart to allow max resolution of 800x600

What you would need to actually pull that off... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_Graphics_Array

If the game is still going to support the higher resolutions there shouldnt be any problems, if someone trys to change whats built into titanium_Client don't worry, the servers wont even connect to players with file sets so far off. Thats a server-to-client fact, hopefully new game files will be released, they would have to.

Its a very classic experience, people should say thankyou for just seeing it don't knock it if you haven't tried it, this game used to be very fun
with a real feel to it that i found while enjoying myself on a free server players won't find on any live server.

I played with the default old.ui until the live servers forced my hand into playing with the new one.

My2Cents.

"She wished for gold, but not the strength to carry it!"-Unknown
Last edited by AtlasMinor; 01-22-2015 at 07:14 PM..
Old 01-22-2015, 07:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kender [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i got about 30 15" crt monitors. 150$ each and there is no bay for these bitches!!!
Old 01-23-2015, 07:45 AM
Orc

AtlasMinor. Thanks for your input.

I have now read the faq and according to that the years 1999-2001 are considered classic on this server.

"Shadows of Luclin was released in December 4th 2001, so almost everything from 1999 through 2001 is considered classic"

Now there is the word almost thrown in there, so im not sure what parts might not be considered classic, regarding UI and gameplay and so on, but its nice to have a reference because classic seems to differ from person to person.
Old 01-24-2015, 07:14 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weidar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I have now read the faq and according to that the years 1999-2001 are considered classic on this server.

"Shadows of Luclin was released in December 4th 2001, so almost everything from 1999 through 2001 is considered classic"

Now there is the word almost thrown in there, so im not sure what parts might not be considered classic, regarding UI and game-play and so on, but its nice to have a reference because classic seems to differ from person to person.
NP, glad to help .

Iv'e been one person lucky enough to see EQ live for almost all its years, different subs for different SOE games, but it was always a All-Access Pass back before it it is now, now All-Access pretty much allows every game not just the games owned, anyways.

If i wasn't on EQ is was on EQ2, if not EQ2 it SWG till closing/re-opening of SWGEmu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] but always keeping up with all 3.

Tattered Notebook is hard to find, any original content from the past would be nice they have achieved / deleted most of the past Kind of like EQ forums now, not even a Class discussions thread.

NOTE Classic UI was still the Verent UI even during Velious, SOE broke it apart right before Luclin or a little sooner but it was that or there was a none-released patch with optional website download at first, SOE wasn't sure something like that but i definitely remember using the Old Solid Verent Design until Luclin. I always thought of Luclin the clear type UI, because it makes you feel like your in space, Just look at the Spell book, its defiantly Sci-Fi Kitty stuff. Clear UIl like staring out of a Astronaut helmet. I picture putting in a respirator when i use those type of UI's and when i look at the retail box i say to myself "Look at them moon boots"! Thats Luclin.

Only thing i liked about Luclin was introduction to bazaar and those Hoppy hopping little mushrooms that always trained the front door to the actual planet, and the funny noises they made when players smacked them, Ha.

"She wished for gold, but not the strength to carry it!"-Unknown
Last edited by AtlasMinor; 01-24-2015 at 07:42 PM..
Old 01-24-2015, 08:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Now there is the word almost thrown in there, so im not sure what parts might not be considered classic, regarding UI and gameplay and so on, but its nice to have a reference because classic seems to differ from person to person.
Pre-AA is Classic.
Old 09-09-2019, 09:39 AM
Planar Protector

Bumping this post back up as it seems there some hunger for these changes among the developers.

I think a logical next step would be removing the ability to display Mana value in your UI which wasn’t doable until LoY era. You still have your mana bar of course you just can’t see your actual mana value, which most people currently exploit looking at to more easily canni dance or med kite.

Another big one would be the removal of the cycle target hotkey. This makes certain CC roles much easier as a single button allows you to seemlessly cycle through any number of mobs and apply whatever Debuff you are trying to. It also makes powerleveling too easy as you can guarantee you get one hit in on a train of mobs with this button. It would be great if this button could be disabled to emulate a classic experience which was often a struggle trying to target the correct mob quickly.
Old 09-09-2019, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

Super advanced classic change would be to remove the reverse follow mousebutton-down camera. It makes a lot of things like bard swarming much easier on p99 than it ever was in classic.