Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 02:04 PM
Sarnak

Best rumors about classic were the one ones that turned out to be true.

MechaCazic or Team Kreugan best imo.
Last edited by Duckwalk; 01-13-2015 at 02:07 PM..
Old 01-13-2015, 04:20 PM
Aviak

If you logged off in one rowboat in OOT and logged back in you would have been teleported to another rowboat in OOT.

I actually remember doing this rather frequently to get from one island to another, but perhaps the days of EQ playtime during adolescence has warped my mind.

Blizze - Necromancer of Empire
Old 01-13-2015, 05:09 PM
Kobold

Using piercing or slashing weapons would yield lower chance to get high quality pelts as opposed to blunt weapons. Disarming a rare weapon from a mob would make it poof.
Old 01-13-2015, 05:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macha [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Using piercing or slashing weapons would yield lower chance to get high quality pelts as opposed to blunt weapons. Disarming a rare weapon from a mob would make it poof.
I totally remember the piercing/slashing rumours

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 01-13-2015, 05:49 PM
Sarnak

The high elf cleric you grouped with really was a girl.
<Divinity>
Old 01-13-2015, 05:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylexis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The high elf cleric you grouped with really was a girl.
hahahahahahahahahahaha
Old 01-13-2015, 07:47 PM
Kobold

I was a guide for a few years on live and here are a some stories that GMs told me:

1. The GM hangout “Sunset Home” used to be in the Plane of Air. Once players got access to the Plane, an enchanter was able to go to a certain island, and then use Gravity Flux to fling them up to the GM home. In the GM home there are vendors that sell just about any item in the game, and vendors that sell guide only equipment (100% resurrection gloves and an invincibility ring for example.) Using alliance spells, the enchanter was able to buy these items on a player character.

This stunt caused Sunset Home to be moved to its own zone, and they added a hidden flag to GM equipment: RADIOACTIVE. If a player equips it, it instantly kills them.

2. In all of the zones there is a special “developer’s box” at coordinates 0,0,0. They are just grey box rooms with no doors or exits. One of the boxes has a clue to a GM only quest written on the wall.

3. There is a hidden prison, I think under Rathe Mountains, that Senior Guides can bind really obnoxious players to when there is no GM around to issue a ban/kick. The prison has no exit, and you can't use any abilities, items, or spells.

4. If you use the /kill command on a player, you lose your steward flag and all mobs in the zone will agro you.

5. The default model for mobs is a human male. The Sleeper's model wasn't finished before a guild was able to spawn him, so he spawned as a giant naked human.

6. There is a High Elf NPC Necromancer someplace. This is because High Elves originally were supposed to be able to be Necromancers and Shadow Knights. A path on the East zone wall of Greater Faydark leads to a cave that was supposed to be their area.

7. Unrest was originally much larger. Devs thought it was "too big" so they just put a wall around the courtyard and first house. If you get on top of the house and levitate over the wall, you'll see the rest of Unrest.
Last edited by Feathers; 01-13-2015 at 07:57 PM..
Old 01-13-2015, 10:13 PM
Aviak

WTB Screenshots of the "Rest of Unrest"! Super interesting!
Old 01-13-2015, 11:32 PM
Kobold

Love this stuff. Brad could have funded his crazy game by publishing a book with untold EQ stories/quests/undiscovered items. I'd buy it.

One I havent seen: Killing wildlife (specifically bears) ruins your "hidden" Druid faction and you will go kos at druid rings.
Old 01-13-2015, 11:36 PM
Kobold

Sphinxes in Rathe too. They were always a huge rumor mill. I recall reading some dev interview that they were for the original fiery avenger quest which was broken and eventually rewritten into its current state. Could be another rumor though!!
Closed Thread