Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 04:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeziyo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Currently playing an ikky beastlord. I've died well over 20 times so far. Hit level 2 and I've probably got a 30% chance to beat a white for like 8-9% xp, or I can resort to sorta doing well vs level 1s for 1% xp a kill.

It's kind of unreal and something's gotta be broken. On p99 I can run out as a level 1 ikky and tank like 3-4 level 1s and be fine. People said to try other places than FoB but all of the starter zones I've been to have been no different.

I need to get to 9 so I can ball out with my pet.
Everfrost was easy on my lvl 1 guy. Decaying Skeletons dropping like flies.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:50 PM
Kobold

Default issues with bugs and such

For everyone that has mentioned install issues and bugs in the game, don't let that stop you from trying it out. Every server is going to have issues when it first starts up, p99 wasn't always so smooth either. Also some people have different taste. I have played on p99 for years, red and blue, and I have really enjoyed it. If I had more time I would play full time on both, but since I want to get back into POP era content at some point, my main focus is alkabor, with some p99 still thrown in there. To each their own.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:26 PM
Sarnak

I'm experiencing the 'Exception Processing Message 0x0000135 Parameters' error as well. My .Net and Visual C++ match Bob's but when I go to the features toggle in Control Panel it only lists 3.5.1. I've done everything else included in the instructions and tried to download the older .Nets but they all say something newer is installed/already installed in my operating system. I'll mess with it again later.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:35 PM
Kobold

Same. I've tried everything mentioned here, al Kabor tech help forum, and other websites. Still getting the same exception processing message followed by unable to load graphics dll. The only time I was able to not get that message was turning on DEP for all programs inside system properties. Except after I did that I would get unable to load eqw.dll error, even though the dll from Eqmule patch is there. Have basically given up, hope someone figures out a fix for this eventually.
Old 01-09-2015, 01:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Made a dark elf mage. Unable to kill a single mob. Using shielding buff too.

Sad. My kung fu is pretty weak if I am unable to solo a level 1 mob in a 15 year old elf sim. I did plan to box. Just not at level 1.

H
nektulos is brutal for a newbie zone. always sorta has been.

north qeynos went okay for me with my two box crew (necro/paladin). level one did indeed take a long time. level two went a bit better, especially once my paladin's Offense and Defense skills started going up a bit. after level 3 things were a breeze. i'm level 16 on both chars now. would be higher than that even but i took the time to do all the newbie armor quests for my paladin.

before level 4 even cons and yellow cons were really tough to do, but doable with some really ghetto kiting tactics. now i can kite yellows and low reds okay. and my paladin can tank even cons or lower just fine.
Last edited by pharmakos; 01-09-2015 at 01:36 AM..
Old 01-09-2015, 01:43 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmakos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nektulos is brutal for a newbie zone. always sorta has been.
Ya, it's where I call home. I made a few tweaks to my strategy. I can kill stuff fine now, just not fast.

However. I get packet loss and disconnected a lot.

They really need to rework some of the net code looks like.

Remember the packet loss days of dalaya? /cm refresh, anyone?

Server has potential.

And seeing 50's running around on a week old server? Full of neckbeards too.

H
Old 01-09-2015, 02:47 AM
Planar Protector

yeah i don't even think Main and Stairs slept. i was lucky enough to have four days off work in a row starting on the day the server launched, and was able to play like 12-14 hours a day. and those guys that are level 50 now were on when i got on in the morning, and still on when i got off at night.

the packet loss/disconnect issues are strange in that they only affect some people. i personally barely ever get disconnected. the rare times that i do get desyncs or disconnects are usually when my roommate or i are doing something else on our internet connection while i am playing.

they've got a lot figured out, but they're still learning the best ways to communicate with 2002-era Macintosh software. server is definitely still in beta, and might feel like alpha for those with connection issues...
Old 01-09-2015, 03:41 AM
Sarnak

Feels like low level mobs are double attacking and kicking/bashing way too early and for too much.

Bob has crushed you with his wallet.
Old 01-09-2015, 07:14 AM
Sarnak

It took me four and a half hours to go from 3 to 4 as a mage. Even cons kicked the living shit out of me. I got my pet and went from 4 to 5 in literally 23 minutes. ou get full exp for pet kills, and it rips through yellow cons like nothing. With some skill you can kill red cons for like 30% exp. Also made about 70pp off of drops that aren't supposed to drop. (plague rat tails and pristine claws from skunks and aviaks).
Old 01-09-2015, 07:17 AM
Banned

There are still a lot of kinks to work out, that's why the server is still in beta and will be for the foreseeable future. If you are having problems with mobs being too hard, consider switching to a different spot (PoK portals make moving much easier) and just report everything that doesn't seem right. For example, low level mobs dual wielding and double attacking should be reported, also report if some zones seem extremely hard to level in compared others.

When reporting bugs, make sure to

a.) check the forum if there isn't already a post ON topic. If there is, just add your insight to that post and bump it that way, if your issue is only loosely related to something that has been posted before, it is often better to open up a new topic.
b.) follow up on your bug reports - the dev cycle is very fast right now, just keep track of your posts and follow them up if you can - Bugs not being retested is a major issue in every beta project like this
Closed Thread