Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 10:42 PM
Planar Protector

Going to be better than ever with the obamacare tax. Lots of people who used to do their returns on their own are now turning to professionals this year for their tax prep.
Old 01-03-2015, 10:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I claimed selling my WoW Beta account too. Sold that shit on Ebay. Good ol' days when gaming companies didn't care.
When WoW first hit the shores of Aus and RMT was rampant and allowed... you could go down to a local internet cafe and buy a level 60 off some 13-17 year old who was flagging school to max level for 100-200aud; they got that money and rebought the client etc and restarted for their own reasons.

I used to get them and then post those accounts on ebay.com ( the american version, not .au using my brother-in-laws ebay account who lives in Hawaii) and sell them for 300-400usd ( at the time the aussie dollar was .70cents to 1 usd too )

The best one were the guys that had 2x level 60's where you would split them off on to a 2nd account ( before they made it harder to do this ) and at the time it only cost 59.95(client)+xfer fee but from a 100-200aud buy and then 100aud in fees you'd sell both accounts for 300-400 usd each.

It was wicked money man, I used to pick up atleast 2-3 accounts per week.

Blizzard then banned it all and said no more RMT! Which is fair enough. Ahwell all good things come to an end I guess.
Old 01-04-2015, 01:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farzo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When WoW first hit the shores of Aus and RMT was rampant and allowed... you could go down to a local internet cafe and buy a level 60 off some 13-17 year old who was flagging school to max level for 100-200aud; they got that money and rebought the client etc and restarted for their own reasons.

I used to get them and then post those accounts on ebay.com ( the american version, not .au using my brother-in-laws ebay account who lives in Hawaii) and sell them for 300-400usd ( at the time the aussie dollar was .70cents to 1 usd too )

The best one were the guys that had 2x level 60's where you would split them off on to a 2nd account ( before they made it harder to do this ) and at the time it only cost 59.95(client)+xfer fee but from a 100-200aud buy and then 100aud in fees you'd sell both accounts for 300-400 usd each.

It was wicked money man, I used to pick up atleast 2-3 accounts per week.

Blizzard then banned it all and said no more RMT! Which is fair enough. Ahwell all good things come to an end I guess.
Really weird story.
Old 01-04-2015, 01:28 AM
Planar Protector

Like picturing in my head you physically going to an internet cafe and pitching this to random little kids.
Old 01-04-2015, 01:44 AM
Banned

wow was released 10-11 years ago pal, I was 17-18 at the time myself [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

and no they had a thread on the internet cafe's website for trading games and you messaged them, then went to the internet cafe to strike the deal.

ur just making it weird lol
stop picturing weird things.
Old 01-04-2015, 01:48 AM
Banned

Lol I had Stasis's picture in my head to. I picture farzo being old and balding due to his inability to play this game and awful sense of humor.
Old 01-04-2015, 02:04 AM
Banned

actually beastagor I was 17-18 and probably making more money per week doing that then you do as a 30nothing year old.
Old 01-04-2015, 03:19 AM
Kobold

Thepen, I'm the person you are thinking of as Yawgmoth, though most people know me as Neefin. I remember Thepen and Breezy being out at Dino in OoT and wondering how the hell you could stand to kill him for that long.
I mainly just use Yawgmoth to camp stuff or to make spells for leveling necros. North has full use of Yawg including pvp. I honestly have no idea what he does on Yawg and to whom he does it, but it's just a game. Even if everything you said is 100% true, and you seem like an honest guy, no one should care that much. People are selfish, greed is in our nature and power corrupts. Guilds tend to amplify the exclusions and heirarchy especially from the people in charge.

I have not bothered to find out who the leaders of the other guilds are because tags are meaningless to me, but I've said, and explained, why Lite should just be the Raid Leader and find a trustworthy person to be Guild Leader so they could keep each other in line without one person controlling the fate of the guild. Too bad Lite has said he would rather quit than be in a guild he wasn't leading himself. What that implies is up to interpretation and I may have misread it, but it sounded bad.

I'm told I am crazy on a regular basis, though, so I might just have a fucked up perspective.

Cidisius - 60 Shaman (Max Alchemy)
Neefin - 60 Druid
Yawgmoth - 60 Necromancer (184 Research)
Colt - 56 Magician (184 Research)
Hannibal - 55 Monk
Urza - 53 Wizard (175 Research)
Dealer - 47 Enchanter (250 Jewelcrafting, 165 Research)
Old 01-04-2015, 03:38 AM
Planar Protector

Yawgmoth - 60 Necromancer
(Now Under New Management)

$$$
Old 01-04-2015, 04:05 AM
Kobold

ive seen lots of shit in this game. never this much shit on vz. toxic.