Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 04:45 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Shaman what are your go-to pet buffs?

I normally just throw on sow, a talisman, and haste but I was killing the oasis specs last night and with the ac buff (18 ac I think) he was not really losing much health to a Togor'd spectre, he was actually gaining it back almost as fast as he was getting hit.

To my eyes the ac buff was very effective but I could have just been getting a long run of weaker specs too. Before using that buff the pets were ending the fight at 50% health, and after they were at 90%ish. (was level 39 pet, 35 hitter).

Are there any other buffs that actually have benefit? I don't bother with stat buffs since I'm pretty sure they have no effect..
Old 12-16-2014, 07:16 PM
Planar Protector

Just haste, but I don't pet tank.
Old 12-16-2014, 07:59 PM
Planar Protector

Personally the only buff I ever bother with is the strength one from my Jaundiced Arms. I haven't done extensive log parsing or anything, but subjectively I found the different between a hasted pet and an un-hasted one to be ... almost non-existent. Certainly not enough to justify spending that mana every time the buff runs out (which is often).

But YMMV.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue or Green servers, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of platinum and/or gear! Send me a forum message for details.
Old 12-16-2014, 08:31 PM
Sarnak

Once you can click epic and get paralyzing earth, it tends to be more efficient to kill 4-6 things at a time with just PE + epic than to bother ever casting slow. This was true for me in CoM ramparts and now in HS ent. I doubt I'll use a pet while soloing again until I get torpor, unless its as a sacrifice to help me get roots down on a whole bunch of mobs.

I suppose that changes against casters or summoners, but I'm not there yet.
Old 12-21-2014, 05:45 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Personally the only buff I ever bother with is the strength one from my Jaundiced Arms. I haven't done extensive log parsing or anything, but subjectively I found the different between a hasted pet and an un-hasted one to be ... almost non-existent. Certainly not enough to justify spending that mana every time the buff runs out (which is often).

But YMMV.

Weird I have buffed pet with strength buff before but he didn't hit for more damage - does it still give more atk power then?
Old 12-21-2014, 09:09 AM
Banned

PE hammer, str, celerity, avatar if there's rogues around just to get a rise out of them.
Old 12-31-2014, 06:11 PM
Kobold

-Only mana buff I use on the pet is the low lvl haste 'quickness'
-The others are the jaundiced clicky str, dex, agi. Not that they need it, but no mana cast buffs? why the hell not. Haste is the most effective.
Old 12-31-2014, 06:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purifyre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Weird I have buffed pet with strength buff before but he didn't hit for more damage - does it still give more atk power then?
I could have sworn I did see him hit for more, but I wasn't being methodical when I tested so it's entirely possible the dog got killed and I summoned a newer (higher-level/higher damage-dealing) pet and mistook that for an increase from the strength, or something like that.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue or Green servers, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of platinum and/or gear! Send me a forum message for details.
Old 01-09-2015, 05:31 AM
Planar Protector

Does anyone know for sure if str makes the pets max hit higher?
Old 01-10-2015, 04:06 PM
Sarnak

for what it's worth, I do know that when you cast sta on the pet it's hp doesn't go below 100%, so sta does nothing.
Closed Thread