Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 04:01 PM
Skeleton

Default Cazic Thule question

I have asked many people as I have been leveling and no one has yet to have an answer as to why.
Why does no one level in Cazic Thule in P99?
That used to be the hottest zone back in the day. Lots of mobs, lots of loot, and based on the ZEM chart, it has a decent modifier.
Old 12-12-2014, 04:04 PM
Fire Giant

Risky pulls, bottle necking, and lots of caster mobs at a level where the classes generally don't have reliable ways of dealing with it.

Millburn Pennybags - Blue
Palmer Eldritch - Teal
Old 12-12-2014, 04:06 PM
Planar Protector

Cazic Thule is way out of the way and is full of highly annoying Cleric lizards that'll happily heal each other through walls. It was popular on Live mostly because Live servers had several times P1999's leveling population and leveling in CT was better than sitting on a waiting list somewhere else.

Danth
Old 12-12-2014, 04:08 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millburn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Risky pulls, bottle necking, and lots of caster mobs at a level where the classes generally don't have reliable ways of dealing with it.
We dealt with that back then. Are people that much more prone to risk aversion now?
Old 12-12-2014, 04:08 PM
Kobold

because of the info that we have gathered over the past 15 years of this game being out we see that there are better choices out there even if Cazic Thule has a good mod & some nice loot. i can only suggest from many different points of view that no one care to go there cause of 1. the threat of pulling trains is far more deadly then even Unrest 2. lizards will book it asap & cause a swarm of mobs on ya if you don't have a very good snare or rooting class in group 3 it is located in a very unwelcoming place with no where for good races to go to vendor or so only people whom play evil will go the extra mile to find a place to bank / sell since its a common aspect of being a evil race & the last reason is also why sadly you don't see so many groups in guk, a very confusing map lay out that cause new players to get lost fast
Old 12-12-2014, 04:09 PM
Banned

maybe a week or two long rubicite event would change things
Old 12-12-2014, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

CT being empty I agree is very weird Art, no one being in CT was one of the first "woah this is dif from live" experiences I had here.

I leveled my wizard, war and rogue all in CT from the throne room to the pyramid, there were literally 5-8 groups in the zone at all times

this is partly why its so dangerous here, no one is there killing things so each pull if a group should go there would be very dangerous and require lots of CC

then all the dumb lizards heal tru walls bc again no one kills them and its a big mess

plus the loot there is not that great once they removed Ruby, the only people who go there now are Plvlers looking for a quiet place and quest farmers
Old 12-12-2014, 04:12 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe that is the key there. The rubicite bp isn't in P99 right? That item being the anchor loot and then others would follow to hang out knowing others are there getting the other bits.
Old 12-12-2014, 04:13 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
CT being empty I agree is very weird Art, no one being in CT was one of the first "woah this is dif from live" experiences I had here.

I leveled my wizard, war and rogue all in CT from the throne room to the pyramid, there were literally 5-8 groups in the zone at all times

this is partly why its so dangerous here, no one is there killing things so each pull if a group should go there would be very dangerous and require lots of CC

then all the dumb lizards heal tru walls bc again no one kills them and its a big mess

plus the loot there is not that great once they removed Ruby, the only people who go there now are Plvlers looking for a quiet place and quest farmers
Yeah that is exactly how I remember it too, fondly.
Old 12-12-2014, 04:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This man is a genius
Closed Thread