Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 12-02-2014, 12:46 AM
Kobold

Sorry in advance for terrible pictures taken with my cell phone. I have a 95% NTSC Color Gamut professionally calibrated screen that I play on. When entering the game my gamma is darkened significantly over this calibration. The current in game 100% gamma is it still significantly lower than my default out of game setting. Meaning at 100% in game gamma I cannot match the professional calibration. It takes about 20% increase in gamma to match my out of game settings. I always played with boosted gamma in game so it takes about 30-35% to match my previous levels of gamma before the patch. I've attached some terrible pictures below to show what I see. I have no idea why they came out so terrible using my phone. The first picture is current 100% in game gamma, this picture does not even show how dark it is in game so I turned the gamma down again to 50% and took another picture. This one looks like what I am seeing while trying to play. I also took a picture at 20% boosted which matches my out of game levels for brightness. Hopefully this helps in some way. EDIT : 20-35% over 100% setting in game. I was on 67%ish in game before which was equal to the ~135% now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100%.jpg (96.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 50%.jpg (96.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 20% boost.jpg (95.8 KB, 1 views)
Last edited by rubinoff; 12-02-2014 at 01:02 AM..
Old 12-02-2014, 01:10 AM
Planar Protector

Did lots of playing around.

I am NOT using WinEQ2.0, just using normal window mode:

At anything less than 100% gamma the game is a bit too dark (as well as the UI). The UI looks underexposed and oversaturated.

At 100% gamma it honestly looks pretty good.

On my machine at least!
Old 12-02-2014, 01:12 AM
Kobold

This seems related, while attempting a vindi raid, with advanced lighting on, the background was extremely bright.

http://imgur.com/Hm1alUo

With lighting off, it looked normal. My assumption is that it's all the light sources extremely blown out because my gamma is at 100% just to be able to see my ui.

http://imgur.com/IIoapQl
Old 12-02-2014, 01:31 AM
Planar Protector

Not sure if this will help, but everything is fine on server select. When I start to load into the server the loading screens are really dark too.
Old 12-02-2014, 01:51 AM
Planar Protector

Made a human, currently 9PM in game in nro (near efp zoneline)

at 100% gamma things look great.

Not as dark as classic (the world), but it's a good balance between darkness/non-bad UI coloring
Old 12-02-2014, 01:56 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupertox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well here is my frap in Nro with the same Configuration as before

http://youtu.be/I_IXv2Egy3I

And thats how it lkooks before

http://youtu.be/TD_qGiUjwxo
I would also like to add these videos approximate what I see in game. Rupert is using an ATI card and I am using an Nvidia. I know everyone has said your personal settings effect what you see in SS/Videos but to me it looks like what I am seeing in game.
Old 12-02-2014, 01:58 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The UI looks underexposed and oversaturated.
I play windowed mode, no WinEQ. IPS Panel Monitor. 100% gamma, still garbage. Everything is completely dark unless I use Nvidia to control my gamma. Also, once I close EQ, everything stays dark. Windows gamma doesn't reset.
Old 12-02-2014, 02:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I play windowed mode, no WinEQ. IPS Panel Monitor. 100% gamma, still garbage. Everything is completely dark unless I use Nvidia to control my gamma. Also, once I close EQ, everything stays dark. Windows gamma doesn't reset.
Must be something specific going on with your system then - at 100% gamma, my windows darkness/colors don't change (if they do, it's very small amounts). <100% and I start seeing my OS become very noticeably darker..

I'm also on an IPS panel.
Old 12-02-2014, 02:03 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For me closing the game reverts the gamma to a brighter level. The problem for me is using nvidia control panel to boost the gamma leaves the system ultra bright when the game closes. You then have to open it again to revert the settings to get everything back to normal.
Old 12-02-2014, 02:07 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Trax using the nvidia gamma would you say the patch has approximately cut the gamma level in half for you? Thats what it looks like to me 67% gamma pre patch is now 135% post patch?