Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

View Poll Results: Should XP Loss be added back for PvP deaths?
Yes XP Loss Yeah 22 28.21%
No, I don't want xp loss 56 71.79%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 03:18 PM
Sarnak

Default Bring back XP Loss

Would it be possible to bring it back now? Looking at the current server I don't see why we couldn't with the current bonus XP.

As it stands now you get anywhere from 50%-290% bonus XP and as such how would xp loss on PvP death really hamper Players if they're getting this much bonus to begin with?
Last edited by Derubael; 11-20-2014 at 05:00 PM.. Reason: Edited poll answers.
Old 11-20-2014, 03:25 PM
Kobold

polls always work
Old 11-20-2014, 03:28 PM
Planar Protector

Probably wont work out with the new player base, just the playful attacks seem to be enough to really rustle some of these blue dudes lol, got myself killed the other day just trying to love tap one of em before I gated. I seriously doubt many of them could handle losing exp on a pvp death without wigging out and probably just quitting. Especially if they get caught by one of the true heroes of this server like Slathar.

I've really only had one major meltdown on here and it was back in the exp loss days as a porter because every port was potentially an exp loss and nigs always want to ride for free, evac'd em to SF and quit my druid shortly after. They were great but tough times. I truly miss them.
Old 11-20-2014, 03:56 PM
Banned

I go back and forth with it but I think it would lower the population overall. All speculation but I think it is intimidating to new players and most people don't rationally add up the time they save with exp bonus trade off when deciding to play or not.
Old 11-20-2014, 04:00 PM
Sarnak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-20-2014, 04:14 PM
Planar Protector

Char A only pvps, Char b is a newbie leveling up.

Char A runs into an exp drop where Char b focused on tanking/dpsing/healing, drops a rain on Char b. Due to resists the rain will probably drop them to 50% life at which point Char b is like, oh shit I should heal myself/ask for a heal. Then the second rain hits Char b and they are dead.

In addition to yellow text, and having to run back to their corpse, and likely get killed on the way back by someone else, or by Char a, they should be punished by reducing the experienced they've gained.

Since everything lands and rains are super-powered, it would be very easy to delevel them back to level 5.

Tl;dr I voted yes.
Old 11-20-2014, 04:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juhstin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would it be possible to bring it back now? Looking at the current server I don't see why we couldn't with the current bonus XP.

As it stands now you get anywhere from 50%-290% bonus XP and as such how would xp loss on PvP death really hamper Players if they're getting this much bonus to begin with?
Doing anything that would stunt the influx of new players right now would be idiotic.

Check your head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod View Post
if pitborn isn't online in your emulator, it probably should be wiped clean.
Old 11-20-2014, 04:19 PM
Planar Protector

Smashing noobs gets boring fast how it is now, if you're delvling people and they are freaking out - it draws out a lot of weirdos.

I've delvld a few people and it was fairly enjoyable, but only appeals to a more hardcore less populated server imo and bad.
Old 11-20-2014, 04:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malevz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Tl;dr I voted yes.
The results are public
Old 11-20-2014, 04:32 PM
Planar Protector

My god it was a 5% exp loss andnyou get like 12% exp killing a light blue with a max group.
Closed Thread