Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 09:53 AM
Kobold

Default Enchanters, Shamans , Druids ,Oh My!

So the question in debate is , which class is the most efficient to get as a first 60?

With many of the drops being "permacamped" now a days , what takes the crown At farming as a level 60?

A level 60 shaman for it's pure OP makeup
A level 60 enchanter for that chardok/ ability to lull their way into the depths of dungeons
A level 60 Druid for PLing , because I honestly don't know what else they can do for great farming lol

And because I have too

So tell us,,, what you think!,, come on,!
Old 11-18-2014, 10:05 AM
Planar Protector

Shaman is least efficient. It requires a decent amount of plat spent on spells and gear to be useful.

Enchanted is probably most efficient. Minimal gear required but chardok almost always needs enchanters and it's pretty profitable. If that doesn't tickle your fancy you can learn to HS farm. Requires some clickies and such to do with regularity/some safety.

Chardok gets you at a maximum about 2.5 pulls per hour. Figure 5k/hr max. Add in pipe MQs, shields, and staves... Can make a tad more. But quite often you will go an hour straight of failures or have delays since people leave and get replaced etc. The greatest benefit of Chardok is minimal effort, not much gear required and you can afk for 20min inbetween

Druid is middle ground. Don't need much gear and basic WIS gear is pretty cheap. To PL you don't need much gear but to work at maximum speed (and therefore charge maximum price) you do need lots of gear. But few druids bother for that. Druids can farm Droga / Kedge. Not much more until uber geared.

I've had hours where I have pulled down 6k+/hr of druid PLing. But that's only during certain level ranges and requires my camps are open etc.

Tl;dr - play what you want. I'm partial to charmers personally, but resists on charm make for sad panda times.
Last edited by Daldaen; 11-18-2014 at 10:10 AM..
Old 11-18-2014, 10:13 AM
Sarnak

Shaman definitely gets beat up on cost to farm the highest tier, need to buy Torpor and Malo. After you have those though, pretty much nothing can kill you and most of the fights are a snooze because you just tank while stuff dies.

Chanter definitely has low startup cost and there's not a huge difference between the best and average geared, since you're not tanking, skill and experience are highly useful.

Druid I've seen farm guk king and such but, that's a lot of work imo. PLing for sure is tight money.

Also a 60 necromancer can PL really effectively as well, all classes too.
Old 11-18-2014, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

Druids can PL all classes effectively as well.

Shamans need more than just Torpor and Malo though. Bane/Pox. Epic. Fungi (pseudo unnecessary but still helps for sure). JBB (if not the master race)
Old 11-18-2014, 10:22 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Druids can PL all classes effectively as well.

Shamans need more than just Torpor and Malo though. Bane/Pox. Epic. Fungi (pseudo unnecessary but still helps for sure). JBB (if not the master race)

Not really sure why you'd need Bane and Pox. Huge mana requirement and your epic and JBB are your free source of DPS. That mana is far better used on Torpor and superior heal when shit is really nasty burning you.

You're not really going to be racing a mob to death, it's about staying alive while it dies.

Epic for sure required, but can be bought at level 1 for like 40k. Fungi not required but helpful for real. JBB insanely useful, and master is Ogre so you're not stunned during your 6 second Torpor cast.
Old 11-18-2014, 10:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Epic for sure required, but can be bought at level 1 for like 40k.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-18-2014, 10:41 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't act like it's uncommon! I saw a level 17 Shaman in upper guk last week, epic, fungi, cof
Old 11-18-2014, 10:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't act like it's uncommon! I saw a level 17 Shaman in upper guk last week, epic, fungi, cof
I saw a ~L20 cleric in Kurn's the other week with an epic... it's vile pals, vile!
Old 11-18-2014, 10:44 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I saw a ~L20 cleric in Kurn's the other week with an epic... it's vile pals, vile!
I have to admit though, Shaman epic at level 1 with CoF has to be insane, it's a 20/30 1hander. Plus, Ogre for the STR.
Old 11-18-2014, 11:56 AM
Sarnak

Enchanter is the easiest choice here, with a littler higher skill cap. for less than 10k you can have all the tools you need to solo to 60 (including chardok). you can PL any class to 60 and you can make money farming cash camps solo or doing chardok proxies.

its a no brainer if you think you can solo and not be terrible. its not that hard but takes some practice to get good.
Solo Kills
Closed Thread