Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 12:08 AM
Orc

Default Practice points?

Hello there.

I just started playing, I picked a paladin. Who knows if I will stick with him.

Anyways I am curious as to what I should be spending my practice points on? There are a lot of options and I am kind of in the dark...
Old 10-17-2014, 10:54 AM
Planar Protector

http://wiki.project1999.com/Paladin#...r_Bonus_Points

Hope this helps.
Old 10-17-2014, 11:09 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirled [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm thinking he might mean the training points where you can train into dodge and other skills etc?
Old 10-17-2014, 11:11 AM
Aviak

http://wiki.project1999.org/Skills

Thats a list of the skills, i have heard that some require 1 point to start off but I'm not sure which are like that. This is something i've actually been wondering about myself.
Old 10-17-2014, 11:36 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://wiki.project1999.org/Skills

Thats a list of the skills, i have heard that some require 1 point to start off but I'm not sure which are like that. This is something i've actually been wondering about myself.

If you look at the skills for each particular class if it says YES in the trained column then you must spend one skill point in order to get that skill. If it doesn't then you don't.
Old 10-17-2014, 11:36 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulnavara [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you look at the skills for each particular class if it says YES in the trained column then you must spend one skill point in order to get that skill. If it doesn't then you don't.
Thanks!
Old 10-17-2014, 01:22 PM
Planar Protector

Neither first point of swimming nor taunt need to be trained.

Note, although sense heading doesn't need to be trained to skill up, you are very unlikely to improve with only zero skill (like pressing it each time it refreshes your character might be level thirty when you finally hit 1 skill) so is worth putting a skill point in.

Skills will improve as you use them. As a rule if it is taking ages to improve then drop a few points into them.

If you are hunting somewhere with pelts that drop in your size perhaps put some points into tailoring and make some tattered armor for yourself?
Last edited by Jimjam; 10-17-2014 at 01:27 PM..
Old 10-18-2014, 10:28 AM
Kobold

My generalized recommendation...

Spend 1 point in all skills to they are at least 1. This bypasses the very low chance of skill up from 0, makes it so you can get skill ups on anything you might want/end up trying to do from quests or what not with out having to specifically go back to a trainer.

This will still leave you a significant and huge amount of skill points left.

From there invest those points only in skills that will cost you $ to increase. Tradeskills primarily. Remember you only have a limited number of points you can spend on any specific skill before you have to pay to use another, and then those are capped in how far you can raise them in this manner.

Krey