Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 04:52 PM
Aviak

Default New to p1999

Hello all!

I used to play an enchanter on the Innoruuk server back from Jan 2000 to June 2004 named Jeisenne. Everything was moved to the Veeshan (now Luclin server) in 2005 when I gave my account to my husband (part of our divorce, I'm not kidding), and then last October after nearly 9 years of WoW, I got burned out and came back. Mostly out of nostalgia, but I really just wanted to hang out in Kelethin.

I play actively on Luclin as a magician and an SK, but it's missing that magic.

So here I am.

Hello [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Happy to be here. Noob days all over again!
Old 10-13-2014, 04:06 AM
Kobold

Welcome back!
Old 10-13-2014, 08:40 PM
Large Rat

Welcome to the server!
Old 10-13-2014, 11:53 PM
Orc

Default Welcome

Welcome Jeisenne,

Did that divorce happen to be with Nomercy? If so, it is great to see you again. Please PM me and we will catch up.

Goodluck,
Wildir
Old 10-14-2014, 12:18 AM
Aviak

Holy shit, Wild!

Yes, and then we reconciled. Crazy world. Remember House? He's getting married in a couple of weeks.

In EQ live we're on Luclin now, because it's where all the Veeshan characters moved to. Nomercy moved my girls there and last year I fired up the account after 9 years of WoW and burnout.

I had always wondered about you. I even tried finding you online, but to no avail.

Can you believe we met in 1996 on AoL? Crazy times.

Send me a message, we have so much catching up to do.
Last edited by Jeisenne; 11-10-2014 at 04:04 PM.. Reason: Bleargh
Old 10-14-2014, 04:06 PM
Large Bat

Glad to see you back. Guess we got nostalgic around the same time since I just started a bit before you.

Ahh good memories.
Old 10-14-2014, 04:24 PM
Kobold

Welcome Jeisenne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-20-2014, 02:35 PM
Aviak

Hi Griffy, thanks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Solerak, the nostalgia has come and gone over the years in waves, but I wasn't ready to come back. I'd heard about p1999 when it started, and I almost went for it, but I couldn't. Lots of bad memories on our server, enough to keep me shying away. I'm over it though. It just took a little bit more time. A year on EQ live made me miss old EQ more, and that's when I knew it was time.

Having a blast here, found some old friends, made new ones. Leveling as a DE is really a new challenge, since I'd always picked a neutral race and class, and illusions helped me get everywhere and anywhere I needed to go. Now I have to be wary. It's all good though.

Proud member of <Divinity> on Project 1999

Zombie Girl of <Divinity>
Old 10-21-2014, 02:44 PM
Large Bat

Dear god Jeisenne ... The more I think about it the more I remember stuff from 15 years ago.

As such, I actually remember when you starting using that animated gif in your signature. You've been using that same image for almost 15 years I would say [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-21-2014, 04:59 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormseekerV [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dear god Jeisenne ... The more I think about it the more I remember stuff from 15 years ago.

As such, I actually remember when you starting using that animated gif in your signature. You've been using that same image for almost 15 years I would say [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Solerak, I'm in the same boat as you. Weird thing is a lot of those memories that made EQ so bad for me don't bug me as much anymore, and the good ones are coming through. Nostalgia, like time, can be quite the healer.

Your memory serves you correctly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] The only difference is I coloured her hair purple, to match the purple hues in my own hair at the time. Now I left it green, because it's closer to the grey that's peppering my darker locks. Being a moderator for Innoruuk.com (I still keep in close contact with Denross and Blutwulf through Facebook) and my Lum Happy Tushy Dancing girl have been some of my best memories of EQ outside of the game and I'm very glad that I experienced it all. It's shaped who I've become and was a hell of a learning experience.

Looking back I was so trusting and naive, I make myself cringe. But I guess that's the difference between looking back at somebody who was in their 20s vs. in their 40s. Then me would have driven current me crazy. I was so hyper.

15 years. FIFTEEN. Crazy how time works itself out. I'm glad you're here because your name is associated with some of my better memories in game - raids in The Hole where I was a guest enchanter, raids in PoF and PoH, we did a PoSky raid once and it could have ended badly but it didn't, and you were there to cheer me on as I did the final turn in for my Staff of the Serpent. Those are the kinds of things that made this game so special to so many people.

I'm grateful to the developers of p1999 and the community for keeping that ideal alive.

Proud member of <Divinity> on Project 1999

Zombie Girl of <Divinity>
Closed Thread