Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2014, 12:10 PM
Fire Giant

FTE rules don't apply in indoor dungeons where actual camps can be established
Old 09-27-2014, 12:57 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by forensic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But then the level 50s that pass through to check the spawn don't see me and claim innocence when they engage my mob.

I turn off invis, and the mob doesn't have any loot so the person says Oops sorry didn't see you there and runs off, since they were just passing through the zone anyway and don't actually want to camp this.
I actually done that before with the named ogre that drops the dark rust boots and bracer in TD. Poor DE was hidden and I didn't see her, I waited a couple mins to see if anyone killed it but I guess she was medding after killing Boomba. When I realised my mistake I just let her have the corpse.

But yeah, if I'm running through a zone where a named is I usually just check the camp/area and kill it if it appears unoccupied.
Last edited by Rika; 09-27-2014 at 01:02 PM..
Old 09-27-2014, 01:28 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FTE rules don't apply in indoor dungeons where actual camps can be established
try proving you've been holding that camp when I have FTE on your mob and when I'm holding your item

I'll just claim I didn't see anyone at the camp. I'll imply that you may have been camping it but then you stopped camping it for the moment it took me to show up and kill your mob. Worst case scenario I just say it was an accident and I didn't see you there and I promise to CC next time. Pretty good odds I get to keep your item, and pretty good odds taht you won't even petition me in the first place cause you dont believe you'll get justice and dont want to wait around for however long it takes to get a response.

Bonus advantage to me if it happens during off hours or during a heavy-raid day where the raiders get all the GM attention.

In conclusion... I put in a very low investment for a low-moderate chance of keeping the item. You put in a high investment for a moderate chance of getting the item. Advantage goes to my strategy, I win at EverQuest.
Last edited by forensic; 09-27-2014 at 01:33 PM..
Old 09-27-2014, 02:10 PM
Fire Giant

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by forensic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
try proving you've been holding that camp when I have FTE on your mob and when I'm holding your item

I'll just claim I didn't see anyone at the camp. I'll imply that you may have been camping it but then you stopped camping it for the moment it took me to show up and kill your mob. Worst case scenario I just say it was an accident and I didn't see you there and I promise to CC next time. Pretty good odds I get to keep your item, and pretty good odds taht you won't even petition me in the first place cause you dont believe you'll get justice and dont want to wait around for however long it takes to get a response.

Bonus advantage to me if it happens during off hours or during a heavy-raid day where the raiders get all the GM attention.

In conclusion... I put in a very low investment for a low-moderate chance of keeping the item. You put in a high investment for a moderate chance of getting the item. Advantage goes to my strategy, I win at EverQuest.
Or just be an adult and treat others with respect in this 15-year old elf simulator. You're really overthinking all of this...
Last edited by Crawdad; 09-27-2014 at 02:13 PM..
Old 09-27-2014, 02:14 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or just be an adult and treat others with respect in this 15-year old elf simulator.
adults don't rule fuck other adults?

In my experience it was adults doing most of the rule fucking in classic. The kids were more interested in having fun and didn't even think of stuff like that.

When people say "Treat others like an adult" as a euphemism for "don't fuck over other people" I wonder which world they live in where adults don't fuck over other people.

Adults do, by far, the most amount of this.

So anyway I think you should say, "Act like a kid and don't worry about winning pixels, just play the game to be immersed and make friends and have fun instead of playing to win all the time"
Old 09-27-2014, 02:18 PM
Developer

Quote:

Thanks for posting your strategy. It will help resolve any disputes you may get involved in.
Old 09-27-2014, 02:22 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for posting your strategy. It will help resolve any disputes you may get involved in.
I won't make it to a high enough level to actually actualize my strategy anyway. I'll probably quit around level 34 when the game starts to turn into a really boring grind.
Old 09-27-2014, 02:32 PM
Sarnak

Class c and class r AC imo

Team Tripod

I'd rather be fishing
Old 09-27-2014, 02:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
adults don't rule fuck other adults?

In my experience it was adults doing most of the rule fucking in classic. The kids were more interested in having fun and didn't even think of stuff like that.

When people say "Treat others like an adult" as a euphemism for "don't fuck over other people" I wonder which world they live in where adults don't fuck over other people.

Adults do, by far, the most amount of this.

So anyway I think you should say, "Act like a kid and don't worry about winning pixels, just play the game to be immersed and make friends and have fun instead of playing to win all the time"
http://m.wikihow.com/Act-Like-an-Adult

If you aren't following these then you're doing it wrong.
Last edited by Crawdad; 09-27-2014 at 02:48 PM..
Old 09-27-2014, 02:54 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://m.wikihow.com/Act-Like-an-Adult

If you aren't following these then you're doing it wrong.

#11. Play videogames that are meant for and primarily marketed to kids. Then tell the kids playing those videogames to "grow up" and "act like an adult" while they play their kiddie games.

Expecting people to act like an adult in a videogame is the biggest fucking contradiction in terms ever. Games are meant to be a time when you either are a kid who is BEING a kid, or for adults, a chance to ACT like a kid.

Here's my theory: people who tell other people to act like adults in videogames, themselves act like kids in reality. I bet the people who tend to do this tend to be more unemployed, more immature, less responsible, and so on than average. They act like adults in videogames because they don't know what it's like to do that IRL.

I have a place to act like an adult in... it's called every part of my life that isn't a videogame.
Closed Thread