Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 01:47 PM
Kobold

Default Ancient Cyclops in Sro

Hello, my character name is Tenderle, a level 44 bard. I have been camping the AC in Sro for 3 days (or 20 hours total). There is a timed PH and there is an actual precise method of spawning this mob. Since he only spawns at night, you can get attempts per in-game night if you kill the PH at certain times.

Today, I was able to spawn the AC and engage it while it was at 100% hp. Thinking I had first engage, I proceeded to kill it. I knew the exact time it was going to spawn and was even ready for it with a Terrorantula I was going to charm onto the AC.

Eunomia the GM later informed me that I was not first to engage and henceforth my Ring of the Ancients was given to the person with first engage. This person just happened to run by the zone and engage first. It was Meltan from <Necropolis>, a 31 Wizard who petitioned and got the Ring of the Ancients.

I understand that this spawn is considered a FFA, but why doesn't the person who spent 20 hours to get the AC to spawn be considered camping the AC? There is a legit way to get it to spawn and it is extremely precise. It's on a timer and he even spawns in the same small area of the desert.

It seems like it could easily be considered a camp since there is an entire non-random and precise method to spawn him in a certain area within the desert. There is a specific PH and it's not every mob in the desert, nor is it even every humanoid mob in the desert.

Thoughts?
Old 09-26-2014, 01:51 PM
Fire Giant

In the past, GMs have stated (to me, first-hand) that "outdoor zones have no camps", so it's purely First To Engage (FTE).

Truly sucks, and I'm sorry for your misfortune.
Pickahippy - 52 Druid
All priest, all the time.
Old 09-26-2014, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

While I feel for you, because the AC doesn't pop in 1 exact spot anymore, it is no longer a static camp.

Same thing with any of the named on the forager cycle or Quillmane. They're pretty precise and easy to predict where they'll spawn, but they're roaming mobs and are FFA regardless of who put the effort into spawning them.

THere are often times code of honor where someone won't take one of these mobs if someone else is actively engaged in popping them, but that isn't any kind of enforced rule.

I'm surprised (well not really) the wizard didn't tell you he had first engage while you were killing it, giving you a chance to remove agro and force him to fight it (I strongly suspect a lvl 31 wiz would have difficulty against the AC solo). I also wasn't aware that the staff enforced first to engage rules in non-raid situations in such a way where they forfeited or transfered loot.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 09-26-2014, 02:21 PM
Aviak

I have NEVER heard of this happening on Red.
Old 09-26-2014, 02:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by baalzy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Same thing with any of the named on the forager cycle or Quillmane. They're pretty precise and easy to predict where they'll spawn, but they're roaming mobs and are FFA regardless of who put the effort into spawning them.
perfect examples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thana8088 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In the past, GMs have stated (to me, first-hand) that "outdoor zones have no camps", so it's purely First To Engage (FTE).
and no
Old 09-26-2014, 02:23 PM
Aviak

That really sucks, sorry about that.

Sounds like Meltan <Necropolis> knew exactly what he was doing in hitting this mob first and then letting you kill it. He would not have been able to kill it, camp it, or spawn it himself, but this way he gets you to spawn it for him, camp it for him, kill it for him, AND he gets all the loot and you get nothing.

Really sorry that you got fucked over like this. But you gotta expect it in the game of EQ. Getting rule fucked by GMs and scammers like this really is part of the classic experience. There is no way to avoid it other than learning to rule fuck other people first, before they can rule fuck you.

Also... figure out who the GMs are, make friends with them, and get them to teach you their interpretations of the rules BEFORE you get rule fucked. Also gotta keep a list of the GMs and a record of how they apply the rules, who they are friends with, etc. The PvP meta-game is all about relationships and personalities. Sounds like Meltan <Necropolis> beat you at the meta game.
Last edited by forensic; 09-26-2014 at 02:30 PM..
Old 09-26-2014, 02:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrench [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and no
Care to elaborate? Because Ambrotos really, truly DID say that to our group in CoM (of all places).
Pickahippy - 52 Druid
Old 09-26-2014, 02:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thana8088 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Care to elaborate? Because Ambrotos really, truly DID say that to our group in CoM (of all places).
apples and oranges

if you dont get the diff between campin ac in oot, and campin moat in com, its not worth my time to try and explain
Old 09-26-2014, 02:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrench [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
apples and oranges

if you dont get the diff between campin ac in oot, and campin moat in com, its not worth my time to try and explain
um...did you notice that part where he said South Ro?
Pickahippy - 52 Druid
Old 09-26-2014, 02:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I believe it's roaming NPC's in outdoors zones are FTE
Closed Thread