Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 02:23 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by perogi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The necro would have been my recommendation. Enc is not the easiest class to play solo or in a group.
But are probably the most powerful solo class overall.
Old 09-15-2014, 08:38 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruptcy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But are probably the most powerful solo class overall.
Agreed - that's why my main is a lowbie chanter.
Old 09-17-2014, 03:59 AM
Sarnak

I also enjoy farming during leveling as well, if find it fun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

some of my farmspots while leveling my nec was wisps on Eruds Island (never got the earring tho) and guards in neriak, paineel, misty, oggok, grob and felwith [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Guards are imo a great source of income for any nec [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-17-2014, 04:59 AM
Kobold

If you are looking to just make money and not level up a chanter/Druid/nec up to the 50s then I would definitely go with a Druid you will make much more plat porting at level 40 and under then farming with a nec or chanter around the same level.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:24 AM
Sarnak

Druid is good for port money and you don't even have to lvl them up very high to do it. You could port enough to get 2x SoS, 2x 5/55 rings, and maybe an fbss and have lots of fun on a monk.

Necro/ench would have to be max lvl or near it before you reap the benefits. I once read lvl 54 is the halfway point in this game. Something to think about when you just want pp for a monk.

Lvl 34 druid = fastest way to get items for your monk.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:49 AM
Planar Protector

The time it takes you to level a Druid to 34, and then for you to get money enough to buy an FBSS... You could've gotten the monk to his 40s.
Old 09-17-2014, 12:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The time it takes you to level a Druid to 34, and then for you to get money enough to buy an FBSS... You could've gotten the monk to his 40s.
Well monk is the funnest class to twink. OP wants to gear a monk with another class and druid is the answer.
Old 09-17-2014, 01:14 PM
Sarnak

Why not gear the monk....by playing the monk? If all you are doing is making a toon to get the monk's starter gear that's a complete and total waste of time. The monk could be level 10 in an hour of walking out of his starting city, and rolling in cash himself in hour two off trash mobs.

The OP should be asking where to best level the monk that will also allow him to earn some money. There are plenty of solo newbie spots that money can be made.
Old 09-17-2014, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

Eh possibly.

FBSS and 55 HP rings aren't gonna make monk uber fun to solo on. Atleast not beyond level 20. Not without a ton of downtime bandaging

Fungi, CoF and Epic would... But it would take you a year of porting to afford one of those items.
Old 09-17-2014, 04:13 PM
Aviak

I hooked up my level 1 with cured silk, fbss, 2x trance sticks and two 55hp rings and I can shred yellows pretty effectively. Definitely fun, but I could only imagine if I had a Fungi. Have to start somewhere though!
Closed Thread