Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 01:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Salem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was a fun event, Antartica The Polymorphess, Azrael, and Prophepts Of Slosh put in our best attempt but unfortunately no one from Nihilum wanted to play with us and we ate chain DT's for it
You forgot Eternal Light
Old 09-06-2014, 01:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Salem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was a fun event, Antartica The Polymorphess, Azrael, and Prophepts Of Slosh put in our best attempt but unfortunately no one from Nihilum wanted to play with us and we ate chain DT's for it
Tried to convince the non-Azrael upcoming guilds to come, but they didn't want to participate in an Azrael slaughterfest out of their own will. Not much to do with Nihilum.
Old 09-06-2014, 01:25 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syft
You forgot Eternal Light
THanks for the reminder, 4 guilds working together to save norrath from Cazic Thule, pretty grand
Old 09-06-2014, 01:52 AM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Couple things:

1) Event wasn't meant for Azrael alone. My hope was that everyone would band together to fight these mobs, kind of like what guilds did on Rallos Zek to down the sleeper. Unfortunately it didn't work that way, and the Avatar wasn't slain.

2) Three people received items. They were won using /ran. They were not part of the Azrael force - Azrael specifically pointed out they didn't care about/want loot. The small group of ragtag players thrown together to down the second golem got the items.

3) There was such a ridiculous amount of complaining from both sides (people complaining that it was an "azrael only" event that I ran "just to give azrael loot", people complaining the event sucked because <insert reason here>... etc) that I will likely not be running a high level event on red in the future. I took time out of my Friday night to come do something fun for all of you guys, because I wanted to try and bring the server together and maybe mend some wounds that have been festering for far too long. I won't let me naivety get the best of me and make that mistake again.

If Sirken wants to run a high level event like that in the future he can, but I won't be doing so for a long time. I've never heard so much QQ from such a small group of players.

For everyone else that enjoyed/wanted to enjoy the event, I'm sorry that a minority ruined it for the rest of you. I have my breaking point just like anyone else, and tonight I reached that point. It makes it exceedingly difficult to give a single fuck about this community when I spend 3 hours live streaming a very complex and involved encounter only to get shit on from multiple sides - including the side I was trying to help out by bringing the server together. You can call this me being "too sensitive" or w/e you want to chalk it up to, but the bottom line is I put up with a lot of shit from this community, and still wanted to provide a fun experience for everyone to enjoy. After tonight, I'm finding it really hard to care.

Maybe after I sleep on it that perception will change, but for right now, I'm at 0 fucks. Again, if you enjoyed this/wanted to enjoy it/want to enjoy more like it in the future, I'm sorry - you're being "punished" (though not really, since GM events are a privilege anyway) for the actions of others and it's really not fair. But I can only give so much before I'm spent, and I'm way past that point now.

Good luck.
Closed Thread