Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 09:10 AM
Aviak

Default Young cleric tips

Recently came back played a monk back in the day, so I started one over. Can't do it with all the other monks - lowbie zones flooded with twinkled monks!

So I've started a cleric. 6levels in and lovin it.
I've read all the cleric wikis and just wanted to hear you small tips 'n' tricks for cleric-ing.

Begin!
Old 08-29-2014, 10:12 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chayes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lowbie zones flooded with twinkled monks!
I think the term "twinkled" is reserved for bards. Aside from that I don't have anything else to add, still working on a baby cleric myself! Welcome back though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-29-2014, 10:14 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruptcy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the term "twinkled" is reserved for bards.
Lol fatfinger'd iphone, posted this from work [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-29-2014, 04:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruptcy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the term "twinkled" is reserved for bards. Aside from that I don't have anything else to add, still working on a baby cleric myself! Welcome back though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this related to their prancing discipline?
Old 08-29-2014, 05:22 PM
Aviak

I kind of like twinkled though, your accident has spurned a new word in me vocabulary! Congrats! If only my accidental ideas turned out so good.
Old 08-29-2014, 05:24 PM
Aviak

Oh, but right, you wanted cleric tips, cookies, hmmm, gems is your friend. Do not fall asleep on keyboard while being main healer, group no likey much. Make sure you spend 10 seconds healing the tank and not the hot chick. Don't forget you have health too, watching tankey health not drop and going I'm doing good, then you see "Xorekle's corpse" fill your screen and you go "ah sockmonsters", cause you realized you didn't watch your own hp....yeah bad...all true things that happened to me on live at one point.
Old 08-29-2014, 05:27 PM
Kobold

Step 1) Make a hotkey:

/stand
/g Casting heal on %T in xx seconds!
/cast 1
/pause xx
/sit

Step 2) Press said hotkey over and over again.

Step 3) ????

Step 4) Ding 60!
Old 08-29-2014, 05:32 PM
Sarnak

The best cleric tip I can give is that if your group is going up against a lot of caster mobs, you might want to help out on the stuns a little. You can save your group a lot of mana that way and if your DPS is good enough the mobs shouldn't last long enough through stun to do any damage to you (because you will probably pull aggro). If you have an enchanter you can even chain stun mobs instead of healing, it depends on what level you are and where you are relative to what level the mobs are, but I always have a stun or two on my bars no matter where I am.

I also always have gate on my bar.

In groups, people really like it when you announce who you're healing, I do not personally have announcement macros set up, but I know that it makes people feel better. If you have a second healer in your group though it is very nice so that they do not over-heal the person you're healing.

Other than that, sit back and have fun, it's a lot less stressful than pulling or ccing or tanking, just try not to let people die.
Old 08-29-2014, 05:32 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenuven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Step 1) Make a hotkey:

/stand
/g Casting heal on %T in xx seconds!
/cast 1
/pause xx
/sit
Don't use pause 1000, this is not a programming world...pause 1000 will make you stand still for 100 seconds...not like I've done this or anything.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:40 PM
Planar Protector

Don't heal the pullers (Monk, SK, NEC) when they're pulling. If they managed to bring one into camp and feigned to let the rest reset then when you heal them prematurely it all comes on you.

Keep DA / DB up. Extremely useful if you get hit while your casters are trying to CC or your melee are getting aggro.

You don't have to keep everyone at 100%. Your tank is down 250hp? Wait until he drops to 300 to use that Greater Heal. If you're rebuffing, try to do it when your tank is taking damage. The buff counts as a heal too!

Donal's Vambraces is clicky Valor. Pretty nice mana free heal 45-52, until you get heroism.

Not everyone needs symbol. And they sure don't all need peridot symbols.