Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 07:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We live in a democracy. Simply disagreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to call them a racist, a bigot, a homophobe, etc. It doesn't solve anything, poisons the discourse, and polarizes the electorate.

That guy at Mozilla got attacked for hating gays since he donated to a campaign against gay marriage. If a man disagrees with another group on the definition of marriage, he should lose his job? That's very near fascism. Rationalize it however you like, it's still a form of bigotry... Rabble-rousing people against those you disagree with proves how little merit an argument has. Win a debate through logic, not by force. Otherwise just join ISIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're supposed to have free speech. Why do you need to boycott people that you disagree with politically? If Chic-fil-a were murdering people, I'd understand that. I get boycotting Russia, etc. But to try to harm people economically because they disagree with you? It's ridiculous and pathetic. I am neither a democrat nor a republican, but I purchase goods and services from people that are all the time...
Your life must be difficult to be so very opinionated...

You're not going to like the Orwellian society you're creating, where no one disagrees with the prevailing wisdom because ass holes organize campaigns against ANYONE that dares to have a contrary opinion. The ability to freely discuss and disagree is a critical feature of a successful democracy, how else is progress made?
^^This. Yes.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
You're supposed to have free speech. Why do you need to boycott people that you disagree with politically? If Chic-fil-a were murdering people, I'd understand that. I get boycotting Russia, etc. But to try to harm people economically because they disagree with you? It's ridiculous and pathetic. I am neither a democrat nor a republican, but I purchase goods and services from people that are all the time...
Your life must be difficult to be so very opinionated...

You're not going to like the Orwellian society you're creating, where no one disagrees with the prevailing wisdom because ass holes organize campaigns against ANYONE that dares to have a contrary opinion. The ability to freely discuss and disagree is a critical feature of a successful democracy, how else is progress made?
I'm going to answer this question seriously - The reason you would not shop somewhere where the owner actively donates to a cause that you find repulsive and racist and backwards and evil. Is because you don't want your money at the end of the day to go to that cause.

Besides, if someone doesn't want to eat somewhere because of personal preference dafuq is it to you? Are you tellin' me you wouldn't boycott a store if it was actively protesting some one you loved?

All that said, chick fil a is fucking nasty.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
chick fil a is fucking nasty.

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 08-19-2014, 07:33 PM
Banned

yall be trippin chic fil a is fuckin delicious, specially them chicken biscuits with tea, diabeetus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2y7uq6NglM
Old 08-19-2014, 07:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm going to answer this question seriously - The reason you would not shop somewhere where the owner actively donates to a cause that you find repulsive and racist and backwards and evil. Is because you don't want your money at the end of the day to go to that cause.

Besides, if someone doesn't want to eat somewhere because of personal preference dafuq is it to you? Are you tellin' me you wouldn't boycott a store if it was actively protesting some one you loved?

All that said, chick fil a is fucking nasty.
Slippery slope. I clearly don't agree with you about anything, so tell me where you work, so I can post screenshots of your forum comments. I guarantee you would get fired. What the fuck would that accomplish? Me going after your livelihood because I disagree with you... GREAT, a lose-lose!

The problem here is, you find people you disagree with "racist and backwards and evil." Dude, I grew up in fucking Iran, and you sound a lot like some of the people in the government there. You aren't the arbiter of good and evil in the world, live and let live...
Old 08-19-2014, 07:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaffin 7.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yall be trippin chic fil a is fuckin delicious, specially them chicken biscuits with tea, diabeetus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2y7uq6NglM
negative son, double down all day. Also Chicken fries back! fuck yeah cant wait for that shit

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 08-19-2014, 07:41 PM
Planar Protector

Stop arming police and having them murder people.

Tanrin,Rinat,Sprucewaynee
Old 08-19-2014, 07:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only reason this is news is because the Baltimore Ravens just lost a potential defensive lineman.
Lol
Old 08-19-2014, 07:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Slippery slope. I clearly don't agree with you about anything, so tell me where you work, so I can post screenshots of your forum comments. I guarantee you would get fired. What the fuck would that accomplish? Me going after your livelihood because I disagree with you... GREAT, a lose-lose!

The problem here is, you find people you disagree with "racist and backwards and evil." Dude, I grew up in fucking Iran, and you sound a lot like some of the people in the government there. You aren't the arbiter of good and evil in the world, live and let live...
No I'm sorry I don't simply find people that disagree with me racist and backwards.. I don't think you're racist and backwards because you think that boycotting a business is fascist, I just think you're miss informed.

I agree that its a slippery slope.. an Individual attacking another individual is not the same as a large enough portion of the populatoin being offended at a companies practices and the board of directors see'ing that their manager is going to cost them more money if they keep him in charge becuse of his personal belifes.

Like the guy at the counter, if he is a anti semite, well if he keeps it to himself hes not going to loose his job. But if he starts talking to customers about it before & after they order, hes gonna loose his job. You think that's wrong?

Same shit goes for the boss of the company.

All entirely different than if you hunted me down and tried to hurt me because you were personaly mad at me for being a dick to you on the internet... yea its a slippery slope but come on, dont you see how its pretty easy to navigate up and down it?
Old 08-19-2014, 08:42 PM
Sarnak

I'm amazed at all the e-tough guys in game and on the forums who melt into tears over even the hint of racism.
Closed Thread