Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 05:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecompte [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Weakest would probably be a paladin because of low DPS and high tanky but the weak druid heals maybe make it hard?
Nah they do fine with a drui actually. I mean compared to like what, ranger??? hahahaa.... er but um not bad especially with DS added, str buff, heals seem to go a long way if fighting undead etc. Then shared wolf form helps too for those certain undead locals, makes you no longer KOS etc. Pally/Drui works well enough. Just remember, pally has the hybrid penalty, so can be slow going if not killing like crazy.
Old 08-11-2014, 06:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by appariti0n [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ench + shaman is extremely powerful later in the game, and still pretty decent early in the game too.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:42 PM
Sarnak

Druid + Ench. Nothing like two charmed pets and fearkiting with breeze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a druid i havent really found any bad class to duo with. Best that comes to mind is enchanter and necro. Any melee really with animals.
Old 08-12-2014, 02:12 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For groups? One is healing while the other is doing DD's, DS' ,buffs and heal assists. It only sucks when one drui refuses to team with the second in pugs to split duties (I've seen this happen).(
Sure they can work together and split duties but it's a lot harder to get into groups because you need to find a group with 2+ spots that are can/want to take 2 druids. From a group's pov they can get a lot more from clr+dru or shm+dru. Also they may have 2 openings but require/want specific abilities (tank, CC, mana regen, lockpick, etc). A dru + something else will fit in with a lot more groups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgostic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your best bet is convincing your friend to not play a druid. They're pretty awful, and there isn't anything unique they bring to the table.
While I agree with you about rolling an enc (probably my top pairing for dru), I think druids are excellent first-timer characters. They can let you experience very many ways to play (healing, caster DPS, root-rot, fear-kite, charming, quad-kite) and have a lot of tools that make life easier for a new player (sow, ports, invis, forage, track) combined with low gear needs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah they do fine with a drui actually. I mean compared to like what, ranger??? hahahaa.... er but um not bad especially with DS added, str buff, heals seem to go a long way if fighting undead etc.
I would say dru/pal is the bottom choice as far as dru + tank duos unless you're planning to stick solely to undead. Dru+SK takes less damage as they can fear-kite, so druid can apply more DPS (pet and dots help a little too). Dru+War benefits from higher DPS, can fear-kite animals or can aggro-kite with the warrior zerking for extra DPS.
Old 08-12-2014, 03:39 AM
Fire Giant

Druid/Necro
Old 08-12-2014, 08:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanknspank [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sure they can work together and split duties but it's a lot harder to get into groups because you need to find a group with 2+ spots that are can/want to take 2 druids. From a group's pov they can get a lot more from clr+dru or shm+dru. Also they may have 2 openings but require/want specific abilities (tank, CC, mana regen, lockpick, etc). A dru + something else will fit in with a lot more groups.
Hmmm... I've never had an issue with having two healers in a group, one on main healing and the other a backup healer. Three healers, no, but two, depends on who and where. In a game where groups are begging to have just even one healer. Well... maybe two clerics if not fighting undead, that's probably not so good. But I've been in plenty of groups with two druids, as well as two clerics in other groups, wouldn't be hard to get into my group.

Yeah, Pally's fight undead. Just like my cleric, pretty much I just hunt undead especially when soloing. Plenty of undead around in this game lol. Post PoP this could be a problem, but not in this era nor the expansion to come. Pally + Drui, in so many ways an excellent match such as for tower of frozen shadow.

But still, like I mentioned, drui does well in most any duo. And I don't see any serious problem with two in a group, though depending on the group and local and if the drui's are actually working together. After all, this isn't live where you could have 1000 people just in one zone let alone just 1000 at peak in the whole game. Be happy if you have a full group.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:43 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Hmmm... I've never had an issue with having two healers in a group, one on main healing and the other a backup healer. Three healers, no, but two, depends on who and where. In a game where groups are begging to have just even one healer. Well... maybe two clerics if not fighting undead, that's probably not so good. But I've been in plenty of groups with two druids, as well as two clerics in other groups, wouldn't be hard to get into my group.
Me either, I've had plenty of 2 healer groups (even 2 clerics). If you're making the group from scratch, that's easy. But that depends on having a free popular camp or people willing to travel to some out of the way place.

When it comes down to getting into existing groups it limits the likelihood. An existing group might have some extra spots (they've been 3-4 manning), but is likely to already have 1 healer in there (and not want 3). Otherwise you need a group that's losing either their solo healer + 1 non-specific slot or one losing both of their healers at the same time.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

I've run a 3 cleric, 1 shaman, 1 enc, 1 bard group before. Don't underestimate them cleric nukes.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanknspank [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Me either, I've had plenty of 2 healer groups (even 2 clerics). If you're making the group from scratch, that's easy. But that depends on having a free popular camp or people willing to travel to some out of the way place.

When it comes down to getting into existing groups it limits the likelihood. An existing group might have some extra spots (they've been 3-4 manning), but is likely to already have 1 healer in there (and not want 3). Otherwise you need a group that's losing either their solo healer + 1 non-specific slot or one losing both of their healers at the same time.
Yeah, but you do know (and I'm sure you do) druids and clerics are not just healer slaves, right? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know it may be a shock to some people... well, quite a few, but they [druids] sometimes specialize in other things rather than healz or petz. I don't see them as generic and interchangeable, myself, but recognize that druids have strengths and weaknesses depending on their specializations (I've experimented with two side-by-side before - on a different server of course).

But, I covered that in a previous post in this thread. If going this rout, there are ways to match specialization depending on whether you prefer to add more to groups or more to the duo.

For clerics, I'd be fine with the whole group being clerics, depending on the situation and if they are not geared to be your typical heal-bot. Could work for druids too, but most being evo druids.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:13 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Yeah, but you do know (and I'm sure you do) druids and clerics are not just healer slaves, right? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know it may be a shock to some people... well, quite a few, but they [druids] sometimes specialize in other things rather than healz or petz. I don't see them as generic and interchangeable, myself, but recognize that druids have strengths and weaknesses depending on their specializations (I've experimented with two side-by-side before - on a different server of course).

But, I covered that in a previous post in this thread. If going this rout, there are ways to match specialization depending on whether you prefer to add more to groups or more to the duo.

For clerics, I'd be fine with the whole group being clerics, depending on the situation and if they are not geared to be your typical heal-bot. Could work for druids too, but most being evo druids.
What druids? ...
What other things do druids specialize in? ...
Grrrr, stupid broken quest text! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread