Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 04:09 AM
Large Rat

Default Need advice for newbie

Hi, I've just started playing the game for the first time and it is great.

Right now I am a level 5 Iksar ShadowKnight and I wan't to know if there are any particular area or quest where I can level up faster, since Field of Bone low level mobs can't raise exp bar much anymore.

Another problem is that I destroyed the Pawn's Kukri by accident and I'm wondering whether I need it to complete the Crusader test or not?
Old 08-06-2014, 06:33 AM
Banned

Lmfao
Old 08-06-2014, 08:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evedas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Right now I am a level 5 Iksar ShadowKnight and I wan't to know if there are any particular area or quest where I can level up faster, since Field of Bone low level mobs can't raise exp bar much anymore.

Another problem is that I destroyed the Pawn's Kukri by accident and I'm wondering whether I need it to complete the Crusader test or not?
Not sure about the Kukri, but the Wiki should have info: wiki.project1999.org

Not a lot of great lowbie quests in Cabilis as far as I'm aware; I wouldn't worry about it.

EXPing is the most important thing. Field of Bone is still a great choice at level 5. Just make sure you're going after blue cons. Leveling in EQ is slow so don't be surprised if mobs don't raise EXP bar much (the iksar and shadowknight EXP penalties don't help, either). Just explore the zone and find some higher level monsters (that still con blue). Grouping is a good idea though not necessary at your level. Once you get into your teens, you can head into Kurn's Tower.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 08-06-2014, 09:22 AM
Kobold

If you like quests (who doesn't?) I'd recommend re-questing for your Pawn's Khukri because it's a long chain of quests for progressively better weapons: http://wiki.project1999.com/Crusader%27s_Tests

Edit: Oh, apparently you need your starting note to get the Khukri. It seems without GM intervention you'd need to remake your character to get it back. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-06-2014, 09:37 AM
Planar Protector

There was a quest where u had to use a 2hb with craptacular ratio to kill skels & loot certain bones to put in a bag kinda long drawn out penance for losing/destroying your weapon. Idk when that was on timeline tho - i just remember doing it for similar reason as OP many years back

::edit:: I knew I wasn't crazy, lol
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=4789
Old 08-06-2014, 09:47 AM
Large Rat

Thanks Whirled, this way I won't have to remake my character since it took me a day to get to level 5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

Quest's named the Penance as well [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Evedas; 08-06-2014 at 09:49 AM..
Old 08-06-2014, 09:47 AM
Kobold

Ah, nice, Whirled. Apparently he'll need Squire Gristle as an SK and The Penance.
Old 08-06-2014, 10:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evedas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Well you are starting with a gear-dependent exp-penalty (class + Race = -68% penalty) that has only 2% over all population at cap. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

As someone new to the game, you are on the slow boat for sure. I give it a 98.5% probability you will roll something else before you reach cap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Welcome to p99
Old 08-06-2014, 10:50 AM
Banned

Prob reroll to ogre if this is your first go around honestly. Bashes not stunning you when draining/snaring is real nice.
Old 08-06-2014, 11:22 AM
Large Rat

I'm just glad that there is a game where I'm not instantly leveled to pass 50. I like the slow pace of the game, given the graphic is not good it is my style.
Closed Thread