Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 01:25 PM
Sarnak

100 players on a server is good population density?
Old 08-05-2014, 01:54 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I think they should open a team PVP server if people donate enough money otherwise they should leave everything alone. A good populated server is awesome to have and once Velious comes out there will be so many things to raid it wont even matter anymore. Get to 60 and get ready to have fun!

[======]}::::;;;;;:::::;;;;;;;:::;;;;;::::.

Level 40 Wood Elf Druid - Dnice
Level 42 Iksar Monk - Kickzz
www.twitch.tv/dxjx
Old 08-05-2014, 02:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
server is way different than it was during the first 2-3 years...I joined 09/2010 I believe...pre-kunark, was a lot more fun

problem with p99 is they have failed to complete velious in a timely manner so we have been stuck in kunark mode for far too long

in a way we need to look at p99 now as a beta - we are beta testing p99; i hope they plan to re-release it and this time launch all the xpansions in a timely manner...having velious so far behind schedule has ruined the server IMO

the staff also did very little to make up for it as well...this is far from a classic server; i vote to wipe it clean and restart it! hell i would be down anytime for a restart, even now....this way we can have our velious in a timely manner
Well the main thing really is that this game has been played before, every guild knows the content like the back of their hand, there is no more exploration as there was in classic, such as traps and whatnot
Old 08-05-2014, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekephee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haven't read the whole thread, but has anyone pointed out that in addition to the obvious problem of this game taking hundreds of hours to do anything in and therefore not really being very smart to play if you know it's going to reset in a month,
That is why the server wouldn't just kill all the characters...they would only be moving them to the main server.

BUT, it would also be really awesome to use the reset feature to enhance the game.

That is why building in incentives to perma-death your character would be a great addition.

For example, before the reset, everyone would get a single slot bag that wouldn't be deleted. They could put any non-weapon item into the bag to carry over to their remade character.

Also, depending on level of the character deleted...they would get a special no-drop item for their next character (that is also immune to wipes). The no-drop item could change each year (so if you play on the wipe server for 3 years, you would get 3 different fun no-drop items).

Things like a clicky being able to summon a tiny bear (the ones the spiroc guardians have in sky :P Something like a level 1 pet?).

Or having something with a clicky to make fireworks.

Or a clicky depending on starting city to "return home" (20 second cast, so it wouldn't break game play).

Basically, stuff that makes people go "you know? maybe I'll just let my character be wiped and keep playing on this server...go onto the next chapter".

The wipe would happen ONCE a year. So....really, there is a lot of room to make it a fun event celebrating new beginnings and continuing legends.

OR!! What if....after the wipe.... there is a GM event, where all the starting cities are attacked by waves of enemies ~dragons?~ (high level enemies which aren't agro to all the newbies starting again....and a bunch of low level enemies).

But, all the characters from the wipe are made into NPCs at their starting cities to defend (so the player NPCs are fighting the higher level invasion, while the lower restarted characters are fighting the low level creatures).

At the end of it, all the old characters are dead (and during the event, newbie items drop for people starting over to get a little head start).

Like I said, there is a LOT they could do with the theme of a server restarting (and make it a fun event to kill your old character....). And, there is ALWAYS the option to not have your character perma-die and just go to the "eternal server" (the current server we have) and continue playing like nothing happened.
Old 08-05-2014, 02:56 PM
Banned

I followed the url for classic everquest and got this wtf
Old 08-05-2014, 03:46 PM
Aviak

The trouble with splitting the population isn't the endgame, it's the new players and alts that populate the early to mid levels. Split them and each blue server will seem horribly vacant till you're over 40.

If you ask me, the solution is for raiding guilds to play on Red some more. Red is wide open and a large guild could easily assert control over zones and mobs, vs the few PvPers already on Red. Instead they bitch and whine within the safety of blue and wait amazing amounts of time for the chance at mobs on blue.
Old 08-05-2014, 04:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wipe it clean 2014!

The overpopulation is one of the main reasons I play on Red.
^^

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-05-2014, 04:55 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantrix [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most of you are pretty accurate. The raid rotation thing is the most retarded thing on the server. Back in the day, guilds just sorted it out themselves.
That isn't true. I played on Karana and we always had rotations pretty much from the start so that every guild that could do the content would get a fair shot at raiding not just the people who have no lives and can be online at a moments notice 24/7.
Old 08-05-2014, 05:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkCamel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tunare Regularly had over 2k pop prime time. For years. Tunare was one of the first servers to split due to this over population. And I am talking Kunark into Velious time frame, prior to Kunark I don't remember them showing population numbers.
There are some old EQ sites that you can find on the wayback machine that will show population numbers. They are typically significantly lower than people like to remember though lol, most of them are in the 800-1500 range near the end of kunark at peak times.

P99 is probably more like a well populated classic server, verging on getting crowded at peak times.
Old 08-05-2014, 05:47 PM
Banned

im sure it will be fine once vellious is done.

Hell there are plenty of great zones people dont XP in right now at levels below 50.
Last edited by iruinedyourday; 08-05-2014 at 05:49 PM..
Closed Thread