Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 09:51 PM
Planar Protector

Killing scarabs in Seb is my game. Good stuff, not a bad AFK camp either really. Kill 2 scarabs, read or whatever and then come back and kill more.

Torpor and JBB make that a whole lot easier though, don't necessarily neeed puppet strings to make some awesome cash.

Skarry 60 Assassin | Kumack 60 Oracle | Gyrgol 60 Oracle | Eregion 54 Illusionist
Old 08-02-2014, 11:56 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
HS north ain't going to happen without Strings. Only so much you can do even with root. It does break and your ass is had. Enchanters rule there for a reason. And even they F up at times. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Hard area.
You can absolutely do HS North as a shaman without strings. It's not fun, but I've gone in several times and solo'd it to replace keys I let decay. It's all about knowing what you can pull when to not get an entire room. The wing boss as a shaman is considerably harder to solo than all of West though for sure.

Also, I solo'd pretty much exclusively here from 57-60 (HS North that is) on the west side of the hall camping 2 rooms. It's not super hard to do all 3 at 60 with Torpor.

-Stinkie
Last edited by Scoresby; 08-03-2014 at 12:03 AM..
Old 08-03-2014, 12:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For real? Kill casters and HTers until you pop safer mobs, root adds and kill named then camp off adds then move to the other camp and repeat? I always assumed it'd be a bit much to break a random pop at a camp in south as a shaman without strings to help... though I can see how it'd be much less trouble if you had a camp of level 49-50 biles and wurms + 1 named to deal with than when it's popped with level 52 necros and HTers.
Yeah, I definitely groom the camps so I have the ideal mobs up. Casters are bad. I'm cool with HTers actually since I have a dog and I'm basically the Michael Vick of Halas. If you do it right, you never have to deal with more than 3 mobs at a time, which is really pretty easy for a shaman. Snipe ph while rooting his friends, camp, repeat. I'll offer training sessions to any interested shamans for the low low price of 50k. You'll make it back in fingerbone hoops within 2 weeks!
Old 08-03-2014, 12:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shamans can do some crazy things at times, but no way you are doing HS North solo. And You had better be a Ogre Shaman at that to even try. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Every patch lately has just made some things harder and harder. Man if one of your roots break you are toast compared to a Chanter being able to mezz. They can charm a lot higher DPS mob than your dog can do by far. I know Shamans can take on 2 or 3 mobs in KC or Seb and with some luck with Torpar and the Epic make it happen, but clearing out a whole room full of mobs just is not what they are cut out for. They are good toe to toe with one mob IF you are a Ogre, even in Velious. I think you are trying to do something that is not going to have a good outcome. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know nothing about shamans apparently. I break and hold the final boss room to get west wing key, which includes a pull of 5-6 mobs. I pull the other 3 ph rooms to PL people, which means I'm rooting them all solo before we start killing. North is/was/always will be easy for a torpor shaman. And they could hold down all 3 named rooms solo np with epic in the mix. I mean, they could snipe ph if they wanted to, but they could also just kill everything without much trouble. 6-8 minutes per kill and 20 min repop? Only need to root/rot 4 at a time at that pace.. /yawn
Old 08-03-2014, 12:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orruar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm cool with HTers actually since I have a dog and I'm basically the Michael Vick of Halas.
Lmao
Old 10-10-2014, 02:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Shamans can do some crazy things at times, but no way you are doing HS North solo. And You had better be a Ogre Shaman at that to even try. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Every patch lately has just made some things harder and harder. Man if one of your roots break you are toast compared to a Chanter being able to mezz. They can charm a lot higher DPS mob than your dog can do by far. I know Shamans can take on 2 or 3 mobs in KC or Seb and with some luck with Torpar and the Epic make it happen, but clearing out a whole room full of mobs just is not what they are cut out for. They are good toe to toe with one mob IF you are a Ogre, even in Velious. I think you are trying to do something that is not going to have a good outcome. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm a level 60 shaman with fungi/torpor/epic and have 0 problems soloing HS north. Breaking rooms is easily done with my pet. I just pre-torp him and run him in right as torp is landing, then just root/rot everything (if my pet gets too low i'll first cast AE slow on everything to pull agro off him so he survives). I don't even bother to camp agro, I just kill it all ez mode with epic. My shaman's name is Shamikaze.
Old 10-10-2014, 05:05 PM
Kobold

You're going to have a bad time in HS without a pet to eat HT's.
Old 10-11-2014, 09:54 AM
Fire Giant

I've been in HS South for months and have never seen a shaman soloing there. Was this before resist and root changes?
Old 10-11-2014, 11:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pre torpor I don't think efreeti is possible. Even if you cleared up, you've got to deal with him and 2 adds. I'm going to ignore the possibility of FD splitting them since that ring doesn't have enough charges to make it a viable long term strategy. So best case scenario is efreeti + 2. Even without the 2 adds, efreeti's dmg output can be ridiculous and his MR is very high. You'd need to get him slowed and interrupt a vast majority of his spells to have any hope of Sup Heal being enough. Root and sitting out of LoS while dotting him down would work, but with his MR I don't think any strategy involving root is reliable. Basically you'd need to have so many things go right to even have a chance of killing him that I think the potential for pre-torpor efreeti soloing is essentially non-existent.

The only thing I could think of would be if you could get a slow landed on him, and have a pet out and push in the same direction as the pet, coupled with slam if you're a large race. If you can interrupt him he turns into a huge pansy, but getting consistent interrupts solo would be kind of sketchy.

I'm a pretty mediocre shaman, but I don't see how it would be possible without torpor.
All you'd have to do is root both guards and ph to make him a definite solo pull if no Torpor. Kill guards and wait 7-8mins then kill rooted ph. Use pet as meat shield on a portion of Efreeti's spells. As long as you have good gear and resists along with +40fr/cr/mr on you and pet it isn't that bad.
Old 10-11-2014, 11:05 PM
Sarnak

New 60 Shaman, soloed NG in Seb for about 3 hours today. Have epic, have fungi. One thing I only tried once because I was ambushed was killing the pather when it was a Krup Wizard. Mauled dogdog in 3 casts so I rooted, LOS'd, camped. Didn't have any issue against Krup Shaman, etc.

Is it readily feasible to think I can kill a Krup Wizard pather solo, while holding down the 3 bugs? Even if I take a short break to med/heal to full, I get to feeling he'd blast dogdog and myself down quickly before he ran out of mana.

Any suggestions?
Closed Thread