Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 10:15 AM
Skeleton

Default Thank You P99

It's been a week since I started playing here at P99 - and even though I'm older now and can't play as much as I would like (maybe that's a good thing) the experience I've had so far on Project 1999 is nothing short of outstanding!

Like many of the other gamers here I started back in 1999/2000 on the original Everquest, and saw it go from a good start to a great game to a complete piece of crap in just a few years.

Every group I've had so far comments on how grouping is fun, and wow look, downtime = more conversation = better gaming experience! Who'da thunk it. It's sad how all the games over the years equated faster kills, faster leveling, and faster loot = better gaming experience...

What the developers and volunteers here at P99 have done is fantastic, and I just want to say thanks for letting me re-experience this all again. And thanks to the unbelievable number of kind folks playing here who randomly buff new players, give gear away and help. The actual kindness of players on the servers certainly outweighs some of the more vocal complaints I see here on the forums.

Frice 11 Human Mage
Old 10-07-2010, 07:35 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Thumbs up

Likewise. It's phenomenal the hold classic EQ has all these years on - it deserves a resurrection - thank you so much for doing it.

I played for the first time here last night. Suffice to say - that old feelings back - I can't wait to log on tonight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-07-2010, 07:44 AM
Fire Giant

I love these threads. Welcome back folks.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:12 AM
Kobold

I agree completely... I was 26 when I started playing EQ. I have gotten married, had 2 kids, added a mortgage since then. This has been a really nice bit of nostalgia for me.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:23 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frice [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The actual kindness of players on the servers certainly outweighs some of the more vocal complaints I see here on the forums.
I'll second this! There seems to be about a dozen people who constantly bitch, and another 800 or so who are AWESOME. <3
Pickahippy - 52 Druid
All priest, all the time.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:27 AM
Kobold

i have been playin about a week now myself, and it just is amazing!!!! So nice to be back.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:36 AM
Orc

I'll jump on in and say thanks too. I played when the server went live and you guys have done phenomenal on recreating the 1999 experience. Kinda sad you did end up removing global OOC but I get it. I just like talking to people and seeing people talk. You guys seriously do rock.