Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 08:58 PM
Fire Giant

Your Non factor- novel was a waste of your time on this beautiful rock we call Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod View Post
if pitborn isn't online in your emulator, it probably should be wiped clean.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:06 PM
Banned

This dude actually has pretty valid points, for those of you who can read.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:39 PM
Aviak

not a bad post for a huge WoT
Old 07-25-2014, 09:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy_lee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Long Story Short: As long as raid mobs spawn slowly enough for one guild to realistically claim them all, that’s exactly what’s going to happen. Monopolies are a natural, guaranteed occurrence in any system where resources are scarce and monopoly is possible. Even if another guild usurped Nihilum, they would just become the new Nihilum. And there is no reason why they should not resort to griefing in order to reduce the server population and ensure their own monopoly.

The best way to give the majority of the server a chance at BIS pixels is to make raid targets respawn quickly enough that a single guild cannot possibly claim them all. Under this system, there would be widespread Raid-to-Raid PvP fights over targets, since the largest force can’t be everywhere at once. It would simultaneously help new players, encourage PvP, promote a more balanced PvP environment, discourage RMT, and increase the server population.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not that it matters, but the reasons I "supported" variance at the time no longer apply. The server pop was half, Nihilum was raiding with fewer numbers, sim repops didn't exist, and Nihilum members were threatening to quit over it.

It was a way to grief Nihilum into quitting / giving up, and thus strengthen my own guild.

Aka it was a selfish argument not based on lasting server health, but based on momentary gain for my own guild.

I was also building my guild to be a poopsocking pve guild who could stand to benefit / exploit variance as opposed to a small crew of pvpers who would get wrecked by variance's requirement that you zerg [see: blue]. Thanks!
The only honest post by someone who was pro-variance that ever existed on this forum
Old 07-25-2014, 09:50 PM
Planar Protector

How about this...

If you beat the boss of a high level dungeon then you get a token. You can trade in these tokens for top raid gear!
Old 07-25-2014, 10:02 PM
Kobold

Good read, well written.
Old 07-26-2014, 12:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How about this...
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-26-2014, 01:10 AM
Sarnak

3 shits and 17 jerk offs later, i finished the third paragraph. Well written so far but I'm done. You could of leveled a SK to 60 in the time it took you to vomit that unnecessary jargon upon a forum pertaining to a 10 year old elf simulator. Focus that energy and creativity on something tangible in your real existence as a non elf human....and prosper. I worry for you. May god have mercy on your soul.
Old 07-26-2014, 02:24 AM
Planar Protector

This really is the only solution to Red's problems outside of a wipe.

I am for either option.
Old 07-26-2014, 02:25 AM
Planar Protector

In summary, OP suggests that raid mobs spawn more often.

I think its a reasonable proposal. It might help. Its probably the best idea than I have heard so far. More common pixels would also mean less RMT value so that might fix part of the problem right there.

Seems like it is worth trying. It isn't like the raids are going to be easier, they will just happen more often. Might be some battles. 2x pixels might get some blue guys over here too.

How about 3x spawn rate and item loot and all items are droppable?

Okay sounds good.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread