Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-02-2014, 06:45 PM
Sarnak

Default eqgame.exe - System Error

I tried searching around and i've seen some similar stuff but nothing addressing the exact error I have here

I've been playing perfectly fine every day until last night when i tried to start everquest and got this error:

eqgame.exe - System Error
The program can't start because DSETUP.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

I mean i could go ahead and reinstall EQ but I'm pretty confused why this even started happening. There was no patch or anything and I haven't changed anything. Anyone have thoughts?
Old 02-02-2014, 06:51 PM
Planar Protector

Killed any black cats recently?

Are YOU Cleansed from the chains of digital desire?
Old 07-15-2014, 08:56 AM
Sarnak

having the same issue. whats the deal?
Old 07-15-2014, 09:04 AM
Planar Protector

It means your anti virus sucked up the Dsetup.dll file that p99 uses to catch cheaters. need to load up your AV and find the virus vault and remove it and set it for a exception.
Old 07-15-2014, 07:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It means your anti virus sucked up the Dsetup.dll file that p99 uses to catch cheaters. need to load up your AV and find the virus vault and remove it and set it for a exception.
If by "sucked up" you mean deleted, then no, that's not what happened (at least for me). I remember when i was having this issue my dsetup.dll file was exactly where it should be, safe and sound. I never figured out what was causing the problem and simply re-installed the game.
Old 07-15-2014, 07:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanomamo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If by "sucked up" you mean deleted, then no, that's not what happened (at least for me). I remember when i was having this issue my dsetup.dll file was exactly where it should be, safe and sound. I never figured out what was causing the problem and simply re-installed the game.
well for the OP he states the his Dsetup.dll was missing so thats why his would be missing......Also didnt realize OP was from 5 months ago.
Old 07-15-2014, 08:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
well for the OP he states the his Dsetup.dll was missing so thats why his would be missing......Also didnt realize OP was from 5 months ago.
Err yea, I was actually OP haha [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] It's still possible that what you're saying is true for the recent responder but not myself. The message i was getting was saying it was missing, but it wasn't.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:55 AM
Aviak

Default Any resolution to this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanomamo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Err yea, I was actually OP haha [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] It's still possible that what you're saying is true for the recent responder but not myself. The message i was getting was saying it was missing, but it wasn't.
Was there a found resolution to this? Having the same issue as well. Please share
Old 07-29-2014, 09:23 PM
Kobold

Some antivirus program "quarantine" things they id as malware; most move it to a safe repository. However, others lock the file from access but leave it where it is. This can cause not only problems with running it, but also with updating it, leaving you with an out of date file w/o realizing it, just a guess. Also, some AV programs auto-"fix"/clean the file, removing the offending part, but leaving the rest there, so as to not make users lose data just because it's infected. That one can certainly lead to headscratchers, since you see the file there, but it doesn't work. Again, just a "most common answers" to a common sounding AV question
Old 08-09-2014, 09:39 PM
Fire Giant

just had this happen to me with the latest update to AVG. had to add dsetup.dll as an exception to be able to run eq