Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 11:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalQin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't recall: in classic Kunark era EQ, did mobs shout FTE announcements?
Yeah they totally did. Also everyone had broadband internet connections and computers capable of running EQ at 100+ fps. Single chat box + stare at spellbook to med. List goes on and on and on. If you're gonna throw all convenience out the window and piss ppl off. Might as well go full steam ahead and just implement every shitty classic mechanic so people can quit and get it over with.

Serious question: How many people legit complained that con color on target window annoyed them cause it wasn't Classic? I'll bet money it wasn't very many...
Old 06-24-2014, 11:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
raiding end game EQ 10 years later using only guild chat, on complex scripted encounters, but yet here a simple Talendor fight is micromanaged with TS.
Kittens Who Say Meow / Asgard / The Mystical Order / Forsaken / Aftermath
Sacrifice*P99G*
[] Tunare 2000+ Kabijito [] FippyDarkpaw TLP Radda []
Old 06-24-2014, 11:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
everyone is mine to torment
Old 06-24-2014, 11:56 PM
Aviak

Hey Devs,

My point is simple - this was an arbitrary change that did nothing to promote what the real classic experience is all about: needing to work together, your actions having consequences (factions/racial tensions), the adrenaline rush when your group over comes the train that some asshat bard dragged over your camp... this was the real classic experience, not some arbitrary recreation of meaningless UI tweaks for the sake of resurrecting limitations of technology in 1999/2000 only anger and annoy the new players who want to see what it was all about and only saves to feel the trolls in the forums who respond with "Shits Not Classic".

If you feel crappy 1999/2000 UI technology is really required to make the ultimate classic experience, then you should be focusing efforts on finding Velious CD's and make it to where I can play Project1999 on my Pentium 133 with my amazing 8MB video card and 128MB RAM on Windows 95 with 800x600 CRT VGA display and a 400x300 view port with static interface elsewhere. (yes, I have this machine in the closet.)

Congratulations, I hope the time invested in this UI tweak was worth it. Someone better get a ban hammer on the all the people developing custom UIs that add buff timers for the entire group and even have maps working again.

The reasons I listed above are the reason I keep coming back to Project 1999, not these pointless UI tweaks.

EDIT: I should add that I do feel you've done an amazing job with most of the game and for the love of the game. I just think changes like this are not really necessary and the time invested could be better invested elsewhere.
Last edited by jamsen; 06-25-2014 at 12:07 AM..
Old 06-24-2014, 11:57 PM
Banned

who cares who complained about con color, nil didnt like it so he got rid of it, suck it up bitches
Old 06-24-2014, 11:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
snip
But that's not the true classic UI. Only noobs played in that windowed mode. You could go full screen since day 1 (beta in fact):

This was it if you pressed F10:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm not sure why everyone thinks you could only use the windowed one during classic.
Old 06-25-2014, 12:03 AM
Orc

this change is stupid, but its not our server, so its not our rules. its just a burden we'll have to live with.

another reason why i wish soe would just release there own true classic server cause i know they wouldnt do stupid shit like this.
Old 06-25-2014, 12:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoloSwag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this change is stupid, but its not our server, so its not our rules. its just a burden we'll have to live with.

another reason why i wish soe would just release there own true classic server cause i know they wouldnt do stupid shit like this.
is this real life?

this mother fuckn thread is worse than a youtube comments section, why do I keep coming back smh
Old 06-25-2014, 12:13 AM
Banned

I AM SO MAD AT THIS FREE TO PLAY VIDEO GAME!!!
Old 06-25-2014, 12:17 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
is this real life?

this mother fuckn thread is worse than a youtube comments section, why do I keep coming back smh
then why do you keep posting? you contribute nothing. all you do is troll.
Closed Thread