Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 09:30 AM
Planar Protector

Rangers are good enough to go out on their own. If others can't respect our arsenal and values than they don't deserve our company.

If our spells make you so weak and shy, then maybe you're not meant to be a ranger. Not everyone is destined for this profession.

Hold your bow proudly, wield your swords boldly, you're a ranger! We don't need others vindication. We can stand on our own.

Raiding: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...&postcount=109
P1999 Class Popularity Chart: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=48
P1999 PvP Statistics: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=59

"Global chat is to conversation what pok books are to travel, but without sufficient population it doesn't matter."
Last edited by stormlord; 08-26-2010 at 09:38 AM..
Old 08-26-2010, 10:35 AM
Orc

Send a message via ICQ to KnuckleSangwich Send a message via AIM to KnuckleSangwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKromwell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Woodies have higher starting wisdom, which can help mana. Humans are blind and ugly. While a half elf is not to bright in the Wisdom department, they are dead sexy.
Haha, so go for pure sexiness or the increased WIS? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-26-2010, 10:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnuckleSangwich [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haha, so go for pure sexiness or the increased WIS? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sexiness. Esp in Tolan's/Thorny Vine/Silver plate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:47 AM
Orc

Send a message via ICQ to KnuckleSangwich Send a message via AIM to KnuckleSangwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messianic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sexiness. Esp in Tolan's/Thorny Vine/Silver plate...
Half-Elf it is [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-24-2010, 09:50 PM
Orc

I recall a ranger lfg in sebilis over five hours with epics asking for a group "I know I suck but I have epics. They're shiny! I'll dance for you I'll kill myself anything!"

He was there again next day lfg...

After I saw this I thought man...I'm glad I didn't roll ranger.

Edit:I don't get rangers they're hybrids like sks and paladins but can't tank... so... I heard their bow dmg was increased on this server?
Last edited by Deathmask; 09-24-2010 at 09:52 PM..
Old 09-24-2010, 10:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmask [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I recall a ranger lfg in sebilis over five hours with epics asking for a group "I know I suck but I have epics. They're shiny! I'll dance for you I'll kill myself anything!"

Edit:I don't get rangers they're hybrids like sks and paladins but can't tank... so... I heard their bow dmg was increased on this server?
I can say that i've seen any DPS class in that position - LFG at Seb for hours, so it's not a Ranger-specific thing. Mostly because it's a pain in the A to leave once you zone in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 09-25-2010, 01:59 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmask [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This seems a bit strange to me, generally in the Kunark era if you saw a ranger with a pair of epics, he probably had it made and was level 60. Not sure why he would be desperately LFGing unless he was trying to gear an alt anyways.

I spent levels 53-57 or so in Sebilis as a poorly geared ranger on Rodcet Nife, I did LFG a lot. But the main memories I have of Sebilis is being in groups, camping Disco, Fungi, Guardian, Crypt, Zone Out, etc and having a lot of fun. I also remember sitting at zone in, socializing, attempting to solo the zone in mobs, but usually just practicing weapon skills while someone else solo'd zone in mobs.

Hey Madmmiller your name is familiar to me, I was on Rodcet Nife during classic era myself. I was Kalaner Nightwalker, a pretty non uber non hardcore player on Rodcet.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:12 AM
Orc

The ranger was probably late 50s and in a top raid guild that helped their members get epics.

Many groups in Sebilis had waiting lists and would specialize groups due to the high demand for groups and low supply of rooms.

DPS Melee= Monk/Rogue/Ranger. Monk/Rogue are pretty much on even par from what I saw but a ranger was like the dps who can't dps as much. So why even get a ranger?

Just to let everyone know, I'm not trying to flame the class but I don't see why people roll them other than to roleplay before the bow buff that came at luclin I think
Old 09-27-2010, 03:18 AM
Sarnak

It is a fun class to play?
Old 09-27-2010, 03:31 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKromwell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is a fun class to play?
Depends what you look for in a class. To some people, a fun class is a class that has a clearly defined role, is highly desired in groups and raids, and is very strong in some aspect of the game. This is why some people love playing warriors and clerics, for instance, even though noone can possibly claim that they're complicated and diverse classes. If your idea of fun is being an important member of the group and being the deciding factor in tough fights, you probably won't enjoy ranger very much.

If what you want is a class with versatility and many different types of abilities, ranger is one of the top picks. The combination of SoW and tracking makes outdoor life really convenient, and you can do a number of things, even if you don't do many of them very well. Having heals, having invis and snare and root, being a dual-wielding and double-attacking melee, being able to fill two rules up until high-level content, these things can make a class much more interesting if you're the type of player who can't be satisfied by a class that has a crucial role but only ever presses two buttons.
Closed Thread