Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 11:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone else kind of wish HBO would finish writing these books? 99% of the time when a book is adapted to film or tv it's inferior to the book. But I just feel the opposite with GoT. Post Storm of Swords it just feels like there's too many fucking minor characters with PoV's littered all over the fucking place that are impossible to keep track of, twists that serve no purpose, etc., etc. I also hate the whole "guy X is brought back to life" shit that happens repeatedly. Great base of lore to GoT, just not a fan how it's fleshed out all the time in the books. Shrug.
I agree 100%. I really could care less about Greyworm and the other chick...Please do not do the bring back to life shit either...may as well do dream sequences. Oh Tyrion was just dreaming...Red Viper really won etc etc.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:30 AM
Fire Giant

This is why tension is a good thing. Its compelling that we (read you) don't know what is going to happen to Tyrion. This is why, for example, no matter how awesome the fight scenes are in some movies, the audience just doesn't give a shit because the hero can't die, and we don't care about (whether negative or positive) about the people who they are fighting.

Dolic
Old 06-02-2014, 11:36 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust1d? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it is a pretty cheap way out to "Reanimate" somebody.

I mean, the whole fight could have just been Tyrions "Dream" and he wakes up with the sound of the bells, where the real fight begins and the Mountain is killed etc etc.

I am just not sure how Tyrion gets out of this one. Having never read the books, I could only guess that Jaime some how gets him out and takes him somewhere. Killing Tyrion would be like killing Daryl in Walking Dead.

Going on a rant here, but the whole "nobody is safe" shit is getting plain retarded. If you want to see ratings drop, just kill off Tyrion. Imagine if Daryl died in Walking Dead? People would stop watching and ratings would crash.
SPOILERS

UnGregor isn't The Mountain anymore though. He's a wight like the ones the White Walkers make. Gregor himself is gone. GoT does have a few characters come back to life, but the circumstances are always very specific (body mostly intact, etc), and that character is ALWAYS fundamentally altered. Look at Beric Dondarrion. When Thoros revived him the 6th or 7th time he was missing huge gaps in his memory, and his body was wrekt.

TYRION SPOILERS:

Jamie gets him out, and he heads across the Narrow Sea to find Dany since she's the only one who wouldn't possibly kill him on sight.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:39 AM
Banned

The Beric thing I can sort of understand, but is Gregor that important to revive?
Old 06-02-2014, 11:42 AM
Fire Giant

You are making some presumptions about gregor. Its best to wait and see about more information, i think.

Dolic
Old 06-02-2014, 11:47 AM
Banned

Seems like next week is 100% dedicated to the wall battle...probably will not know more till the season finale.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:53 AM
Sarnak

Holy shit that head explode was perfect.

The screaming. Oh god the screaming.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:56 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust1d? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Beric thing I can sort of understand, but is Gregor that important to revive?
SPOILER

It's not that Gregor is important. Qyburn (who fixed Jaime's stump) is a disgraced former Maester who was kicked our for his "experiments." Cersei takes a liking to him and gives him Gregor's dying body, and he has some fun with it. That they get this giant animated corpse out of the deal is a bonus. Qyburn just wanted to see if he could make a zombie.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frieza_Prexus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SPOILER

It's not that Gregor is important. Qyburn (who fixed Jaime's stump) is a disgraced former Maester who was kicked our for his "experiments." Cersei takes a liking to him and gives him Gregor's dying body, and he has some fun with it. That they get this giant animated corpse out of the deal is a bonus. Qyburn just wanted to see if he could make a zombie.
Spoilers

Don't forget he also doesnt have a head and that's cool.

Also i wonder if he is the huge man in stone armor with no head that bran saw in book 1. Maybe he has a bigger part to play as a zombie then as a mountain.
Old 06-02-2014, 02:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanthallas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Poured a glass of gin and just sat outside for 20 minutes staring at nothing after watching that.
GOD DAMN THIS STORY GOD DAMN IT
Closed Thread