Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 11:01 PM
Large Bat

Default Monk solo

Can i monk solo 1-60 if you're fairly twinked? (fungi, couple decent 1handers, haste belt, etc..) Now by solo i don't mean it takes like 5 years to get to 60, i mean relatively fast.
Old 05-16-2014, 08:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trancemaster21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can i monk solo 1-60 if you're fairly twinked? (fungi, couple decent 1handers, haste belt, etc..) Now by solo i don't mean it takes like 5 years to get to 60, i mean relatively fast.
You will get to 60 the quickest of all melee characters. Blindingly fast till 45 or 50 then probably just fast to 60.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 05-16-2014, 08:54 AM
Sarnak

I soloed my monk mostly up to 58 or so. After that most things in the hole that are easily soloed turn light blue and it's much faster to group to 60. I did that as my first toon and mostly shit gear until 55 or so.
Old 05-16-2014, 11:16 AM
Fire Giant

Yes, you can effectively solo to 60. Finding the best spots to do it can be tricky, but it is definitely possible, especially with a Fungi.

However, as I've suggested to just about everyone whose made a thread asking about soloing as a melee, I'd recommend you use soloing as a secondary option to duoing. When you log on do a /who all shaman/cleric/druid/enchanter/bard (in order of most effective duo for a monk imo) and find someone around your level to group up with. Solo while trying to find a partner, and just try to find someone to join you where ever you're soloing. A trick I used a lot was to find people lower level than myself since it makes the exp much better for you, and as a low level they'll still be getting good exp. A monk in his late 50s duoing with a cleric in the high 40s or low 50s will be great exp for both.

As far as gear, jade maces at low level are best bang for you buck, but once you're some where around the 40s T-staff is what you want to be swinging. Fungi, decent haste, epic, and t-staff will make soloing into your 50s much more effective, after that just round your gear out with HP/Sta/Str/Dex (in that order, str and dex are about equal importance if you have a t-staff) and you'll be golden.

Soloing is possible, but duos are almost as easy to set up, and much better exp imo.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:19 PM
Planar Protector

Some good info would be what those spots are specifically. What zones, which mobs. I'm leveling a ranger legitimately, 54 now, and a decent chunk of the way 60 is going to be / has been soloing.
Old 05-17-2014, 04:07 AM
Planar Protector

Monks can make it to 60 solo quite easily.

SolB and HighKeep are your go-to spots.

SolB bats are excellent experience until 53. LDCs will take you to 60. There's a bit of a difficulty gap from 53 to 56, but HHK nobles do well for that. On live, I did 4.5 yellows of 59 in one 15 hour sitting on a monk doing LDCs in Velious. LDCs are relatively weak for their level as are HHK nobles (rogues). Nobles start to go light blue around 54 (they range from 39 to 44), but the ZEM makes them worth it until they completely light blue out. At that point, LDCs become worth it.

Both zones have bandage/general supply/bindable zones nearby.

Enjoy.
Old 05-30-2014, 03:53 PM
Sarnak

You can solo very quickly to 50 with the fungi. From there i would recommend grouping
Closed Thread