Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 08:36 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion_Standing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shut up.

The feedback is fine, you and the same few other people just keep spamming the thread with your bullshit.
Ahh I remember the good ole days when I was 13 and when I got mad I thought the best thing to do was to tell people to shut up. Ahh memories. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-08-2014, 08:43 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion_Standing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shut up.

The feedback is fine, you and the same few other people just keep spamming the thread with your bullshit.
If you were actually reading this thread, at least 18 different people are firmly against it. Thats quite a bit more than a "few" Nice try though.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:07 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristantio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for keepin this front page guys - new app build put up, sync is now enabled so you can see all your buds and where they're at.

Also, support for RED99 log files has been added, as well as a help page for people who fail to set uptheir eq path properly.

Keep up the great feedback!
PR says any publicity is good publicity.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-08-2014, 09:12 AM
Sarnak

If you neckbeards don't like it, don't use it. Simple as that. Personally, I have no use for this app but some people may and who cares? People care way too much about the things other people do that has no effect on them.

Oh and thanks for the work you've done Tristantio.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:35 AM
Sarnak

If you think this couldn't effect other people you seriously suffer from a lack of insight and imagination. Its like steroids and pro sports. Let half the people do steroids and the other half not do them and see if they feel effected. Steroids against the rules? Lets do some HGH instead! Totally legal!
Old 05-08-2014, 10:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWDL_Prexus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you neckbeards don't like it, don't use it. Simple as that.
you do realize that exactly same thing could be said about:

-actual in-game maps
-compass
-Luclin models
-spell sets

Yet all of them were disabled. I wonder why?

[Zuranthium;1453395]
The people who invented the first space ships were brilliant. That doesn't mean anybody should actually want to use them 200 years later. Ideas are limited by means of execution. Everquest has amazing ideas that need to be completely reworked in their execution, in order for classic Everquest as it was envisioned to actually exist and continue to be relevant as things have evolved.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:57 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kika Maslyaka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you do realize that exactly same thing could be said about:

-actual in-game maps
-compass
-Luclin models
-spell sets

Yet all of them were disabled. I wonder why?
Those weren't in game at this time. This isn't in the game. There were parsers back then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristantio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Technically this app is classic though, because I could have written the exact same app in 99 (had I been where I am now in my programming abilities) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-08-2014, 11:09 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure this post by Rogean has already been linked in this thread:
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...090#post722090

[edit]
For those too damned lazy to click the link, Rogean's post:
[/edit]

Oh look, from the OP:

But hey, it's only the guy who provides & runs the server, you know, the guy who is the ultimate authority here, so go ahead and continue to ignore it.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-08-2014, 11:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWDL_Prexus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Those weren't in game at this time. This isn't in the game. There were parsers back then.
So was boxing.

But I get it, its the "technicality" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But if technicality can break the "spirit" of the project's intent, then its no longer just a technicality. You may as well turn the in-game maps back on.

[Zuranthium;1453395]
The people who invented the first space ships were brilliant. That doesn't mean anybody should actually want to use them 200 years later. Ideas are limited by means of execution. Everquest has amazing ideas that need to be completely reworked in their execution, in order for classic Everquest as it was envisioned to actually exist and continue to be relevant as things have evolved.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:14 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kika Maslyaka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So was boxing.

But, I get its the "technicality" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But if technicality can break the "spirit" of the project's intent, then its no longer just a technicality. You may as well turn the in-game maps back on.
I am really unsure how boxing(which was classic, and I used 2 pc's to box during Velious but really has no place on p1999) compares to this. Especially because this doesn't alter peoples game play, nor effect the game play of others. Something boxing would do.
Closed Thread