Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 05:05 AM
Aviak

People are lazy and just want pixels. There are also probably far worse programs being distributed by a select few within their circle of friends.

I'll never use something like this, but most people just want the fastest route from A to B and have no concern for how they get there
Old 05-07-2014, 05:45 AM
Planar Protector

i pray they don't mess with the /log command to "fix" this...

in all seriousness...if you want to prevent this from being super effective just make it impossible to use /loc more than 3 times per minute or something like that. please don't hobble the log though...too many good reasons to keep log in game.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:23 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bboboo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I keep getting http://localhost:4444/ could not be found. I take it this is an issue on my side? Any quick suggestions for a fix that I can just google.
same problem with me.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL, how can you possibly say this changes nothing when you just admitted you don't even know how to use the /loc coordinates very well?

That is exactly why this is a huge change. It takes some actual thinking and time to look at a map and then go in the direction of what you think is correct. If you remove that, you're removing the little bit of uncertainty that is even left in this game, along with the threat of being aggroed by something while you are trying to figure out which way to go.

This is especially important because you can become disoriented in the game when a threat appears, either because of being stunned by a monster and spinning or because you were tabbed out while regening and can't remember exactly which direction was the correct escape route. If you immediately know where to go by just clicking a button, it drastically cuts down on the danger factor of the game...which is a large reason why the classic EQ experience was so memorable to begin with. It was actually scary and dangerous and made you fight for your life, in the same way it would happen to a character in a good fantasy novel!
You are confusing your nostalgia with the reality of how people play P99. The truth is that nobody is having exciting adventures being lost in Norrath anymore, most of the zones in this game are just big fucking rectangles where as long as you have sow, you can autorun your way to safety. The dungeons that people use are completely mapped out, well traveled and if you don't know where to go 9/10 of the people you encounter there will.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:49 AM
Banned

Not Classic
Old 05-07-2014, 08:59 AM
Aviak

My computer is fast enough to zone in before something can kill me. That isn't classic and takes away from the fear of zoning into a train.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:26 AM
Planar Protector

To solve my inability to experience the truly classic feel of 1999, I plan on drinking heavily and taking illegal drugs until I stroke out and lose my memory. Then I can play just like I did, with no knowledge of the game at all! Of course, I'll need a drool bucket as well as my trusty poop sock, but otherwise immersion will be complete!
Old 05-07-2014, 10:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its still not ok to use 3rd party cheats.
take notice
Old 05-07-2014, 10:56 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleSorcerer7 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think this is not a good idea for p1999, the point is to have no maps... for anyone. And i dont want to hear, Well hey hows me being able to see everything going to kill your fun just dont use the maps. But it actually does kill everyone elses fun because now you can go around places and see everything and have an unfair advantage. If this wasnt an MMO and we all played single player games and just talked about it together id say do whatever you want.
just my thoughts on it.
People will always have an "unfair" advantage over you in everything you do in life. Insider trading on the stock market, being born into wealth, having a connection with the CEO of a company to get a job...

People are using and getting away with hacks/exploits on every MMO, they can not and never will be weeded out. This app is a drop in a bucket.

My suggestion: play the game the way that makes you happy and stop worrying about others.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:57 AM
Banned

whats it like being so bad at a 15 year old mmo that you have to cheat?
Closed Thread