Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 05-04-2014, 12:20 PM
Fire Giant

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Douchey on whose part? The ninjalooter?
Nah, Verina. I heard she ate at a tavern in 3rd gate and didn't tip.
Old 05-04-2014, 12:36 PM
Sarnak

Lol I may have been in the basement group at the time.

I benefited for the enchanter being allowed to charm osagren. Thank you for yielding to our enchanter, enwin or something? I can verify that this dude was in the group for 13+ hours yesterday so... He probably did have it "Charmed for hours" before you were there and again later on...

However, if it had been me. I would have prolly taken the osagren camp. Especially after you waited for almost an entire spawn cycle.

A similar thing happened to me in lguk recently. I dropped into the ass/sup camp and 2 frogs were up (supplier ph was down) so I killed the other 2 frogs and waited. Sure enough, a cleric walked in right b4 supplier and the troops. I must have killed these frogs like right after her because I waited almost a full spawn cycle. The cleric was annoyed when she saw me, but didn't contest the camp
Old 05-04-2014, 12:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
More widely, I'd say as time has passed on P99 the spirit of EQ has been eroded just a little. Sure people still give out stuff to noobs, but there's certainly more assholes on blue than there ever was when I was first leveling.

Could be the pop growth/more camp disputes etc... but a lot of people seem to think its okay to turn into a douchebag when things aren't perfect.

Plus that recent Verina Tomb thing, real douchey.

I suspect it's just population.

I found it interesting that in one of the "COME PLAY ON RED!" threads that someone said he's seen as much toxicity on blue as on red, as if that were something to be proud of. As much "toxicity" on a server with 10x the population still seems a lot less per capita, which is what I experienced.
Old 05-04-2014, 02:42 PM
Sarnak

As somebody who mains an enchanter, I've never considered the charmed pets spawn claimed just bc I had been charming it. If you lose the pet and make it back to the spawn point before it pops again then its yours by right. And so long as its charmed its considered engaged. Other than that if someone beats me to it I just say oh well and charm something else
Old 05-04-2014, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

peeps just don't explore anymore
Old 05-04-2014, 04:12 PM
Planar Protector

Why anyone would camp and undercon for xp is beyond me. Osargen is a certified rapist - why do you think he's in prison?

You're supposed to fight WITH him not AGAINST him.

Unless I read the story incorrectly...

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 05-04-2014, 04:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumyums Inmahtumtums [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why anyone would camp and undercon for xp is beyond me. Osargen is a certified rapist - why do you think he's in prison?

You're supposed to fight WITH him not AGAINST him.

Unless I read the story incorrectly...
He exists. So, you're supposed to kill him.
Old 05-04-2014, 06:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahldagor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
peeps just don't explore anymore
How many people have properly camped Runnyeye/Nurga/etc in a group etc? Not many.
Old 05-04-2014, 06:59 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkMasterson1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As somebody who mains an enchanter, I've never considered the charmed pets spawn claimed just bc I had been charming it. If you lose the pet and make it back to the spawn point before it pops again then its yours by right. And so long as its charmed its considered engaged. Other than that if someone beats me to it I just say oh well and charm something else
Yeah I main an enchanter and this is absolutely how it needs to be. Anyone who is going to sit here and "claim" a spawn because they charmed that mob earlier needs to either sit their ass on the spawn point like everyone else on the server, or gtfo and find a new mob. Is that too much to ask?

People deal with enough shit without having to /ooc HEY IS ANYONE CHARMING THIS MOB? every time they find an empty camp. Fuck that. Unless that enchanter was sitting on the spawn point when he spawned and waiting to recharm, the camp is ffa. Just like any other camp ever.

Politely decline their intrusion next time and enjoy your xp.

For the record I totally hit up dat Runnyeye.
Closed Thread