Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 02:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
5 minutes is all I can handle. Got in a big shit fit with a guy at frenzy camp because he had been gone a while. I gave him a /tell saying he needed to get back to the camp if he wanted to keep it. Made for some good fun. Poor sirken had to waste his time showing up though.
I'm torn about whether to view that as time wasted. On the one hand, at first glance it seems petty compared to the other 'issues' on the server, yet in the other if 'issues' means dealing with raid complaints (which is meant to be a 'hands off' approach now), then I think it's more important to show up at Frenzy then Trakanon. Resolving day to day average player problems is far more important than fixing pixels for 10% of the server.
Old 04-25-2014, 02:26 PM
Fire Giant

"It's very simple. If you want a camp, be active at it. Engaging a NPC 23 seconds after it spawns while knowing other people are there is a sure sign of " Hey I don't wait it".

It doesn't matter if he was there for 5.5 hours or not, if he is afk after the npc spawns, the it is open for anyone."

Quote from a GM.
Originally -
Reiguy of Fennin Ro
Tyvix Rex of Sullon Zek.
Old 04-25-2014, 02:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reguiy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if he is afk after the npc spawns, the it is open for anyone."
Close, but not entirely correct. There is still a situational inquiry that needs to be made. There is a "buffer time" that exists in each case-by-case scenario. It is intelligent to be active before the spawn, but not necessarily required that you not be afk at the moment of spawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's ok to 'afk camp' a spawn, but if a PH or the mob itself is left up for more than a minute or two, they've forfeited the camp. I will add, however, that if you take a camp from someone like this, and they come back within a minute or so of you taking their mob, it would be courteous to give them back the camp (though you don't have to).
Old 04-25-2014, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

If people weave me a good story on why they were afk and been there for yadda yadda ... I usually give them the benefit of the doubt and move along to another lvl 30 dungeon with green named to farm.

it sucks when you get rule lawyered out of a camp you had been there for a while because your GF/wife just got home distracting you for 10 min, or your puppy/baby pukes or something.

More often than not, unless you know someone's rep, you should let the person that had been camping it keep the camp. Even if they are AFK for a good 10 min after the PH spawns.

HOWEVER...

If the named is just sitting there and they are blatantly afk for quite a while... killing ced named, looting your $$$ items and leaving can produce some lols. Especially if you have the 'common loot' handy to link to the AFKer so they dont realize you got the rare drop or they simply figure the ph 'hadnt spawned yet'. Or if you are the type to simply just link the rare loot that didnt drop, that is always entertaining as well [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Having common loot links is very handy and sometimes a MUST unless you wish to wind up on a RnF about stealing people's hard earned pixels
Last edited by Erati; 04-25-2014 at 02:39 PM..
Old 04-25-2014, 02:37 PM
Fire Giant

The situational aspect of the rulings probably just depends on which GM you get, what kind of day they're having, and who of the people involved in the camp dispute is annoying them the most. I like Derubael's answer better than Ambrotos's, but both of them have authority to rule differently, and it could be 23 seconds, or it could be 2 minutes.
Originally -
Reiguy of Fennin Ro
Tyvix Rex of Sullon Zek.
Closed Thread