Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 03:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrith [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would NOT recommend this camp as your cash crop. Not only is it rare to get a frenzied to spawn he might not even have the sash. Plus being a druid it is a harder camp to hold due to indoor dungeon area.

Your easy money is HBC in MM or Jboots in OOT. I'm sure there are a couple other options, however these are the 2 that tend to spawn decently and have a good drop rate. Plus both of these items move pretty quick.
I'm gonna farm whatever items I can for a Pally, HBC and Diamondine Earrings at least.

I doubt I'll go past 49. Hell, getting through 30 was a major pain.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:51 PM
Kobold

Had a druid from <Dial a Port> literally zone in on top of me while I was sitting in KC . . . demanded a 175p "standard fee" when I asked about an evac lol.

Made me think the entire guild was some kind of scam operation and had a laugh about it in vent. But apparently <Dial a Port> is actually a thing, from what I've read in this thread. Maybe an isolated incident?

Addendum: I should clarify that I was already sitting in KC when the druid arrived. It wasn't a planned trip or a pickup in any form. Just a random meeting.
Last edited by Adolphus; 04-23-2014 at 09:53 PM..
Old 04-23-2014, 09:58 PM
Kobold

Is most certainly an isolated incident as we at <Dial-A-Port> do not have a set price for evacs or Ports in general excluding Planar ports which the reagent must also be paid for. Most of our porters are happy to receive whatever the customer can afford to pay. If anyone has any issues with a particular porter in the guild please msg me via PMs here or in game on Supremacydru or lilwinkie whenever I am online.

Supremacydru <Dial-A-Port> Guild Leader
Old 04-23-2014, 10:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtynads [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is most certainly an isolated incident as we at <Dial-A-Port> do not have a set price for evacs or Ports in general excluding Planar ports which the reagent must also be paid for. Most of our porters are happy to receive whatever the customer can afford to pay. If anyone has any issues with a particular porter in the guild please msg me via PMs here or in game on Supremacydru or lilwinkie whenever I am online.

Supremacydru <Dial-A-Port> Guild Leader
They also walk your dog and do your laundry.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 04-23-2014, 11:29 PM
Banned

Q: How much money in general can a porter make a day on average?

A: At 40, less than killing dorfs in BB.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adolphus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Had a druid from <Dial a Port> literally zone in on top of me while I was sitting in KC . . . demanded a 175p "standard fee" when I asked about an evac lol.

Made me think the entire guild was some kind of scam operation and had a laugh about it in vent. But apparently <Dial a Port> is actually a thing, from what I've read in this thread. Maybe an isolated incident?

Addendum: I should clarify that I was already sitting in KC when the druid arrived. It wasn't a planned trip or a pickup in any form. Just a random meeting.
As another Dial-a-Porter I hate to hear this... I can assure you that I never, ever demand a minimum payment. Sadly, we are kind of like hired mercenaries I guess, we can't really control one another. For the one bad experience you had, hopefully you'll have 20 good ones. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Send me a tell anytime and I'll happily port you for free!
Old 04-23-2014, 11:49 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumyums Inmahtumtums [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They also walk your dog and do your laundry.
I might walk your dog, because I love dogs. But I'm not washing your laundry! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-24-2014, 05:12 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaskillz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just pointing out how your mana is free logic can be extended.

I just think it's odd that if you are going to spend time porting to earn coin instead of xping you are considered greedy if you set a price for your services.
Because the turnout when you go farm for money is also set in stone.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:27 AM
Fire Giant

The problem with porting is you aren't exp'ing.

You can gain some levels and farm AC in OOT (port while waiting for your turn?) and make an easy 7k Ring of the Ancients in no time. Not to mention, you are actually leveling. Porting is purely for plat, whereas leveling up also yields plat. So you're kind of shooting yourself in the foot even if it is making you rich. Nothing beats being high level and farming stuff.

Heck, I made over 2k plat today in Karnors just selling those lore items like ES Gaunts, Deepwater Boots, Helm of Rile, etc etc while leveling.

Then again, nobody wants a druid.
Closed Thread